really bad eczema and hadnt even noticed

N

N1kki

I only just noticed my 7 yr old sons this morning were very dry and red i asked him how long he'd had this he said only a couple of days,i asked what was wrong to him first he sed he'd been scratching and his hand has bled.I asked why didnt he come to me and he sed he thought they'd heal by themselves.

I knew from looking at his hands it was eczema,i had eczema as a child i've got cream for my son but is there anything else people can recommend for it?:shrug:

aveeno creams all the way! and also dove works well.

i had very bad eczema to the point it was all over my body and i had a open wound on my face, id cry in pain. all the creams they gave me made it worse or helped but id have to use so much.
one day i gave up on the creams and started using dove body wash and my skin was great. zane gets the odd eczema spot but i find if i use aveeno cream after his baths it stays away.

you can get it in boots or on perscription.
also maybe look into getting ur son a patch test done to see if he is allergic to something

Oh no! I'm sorry he's got that hun, I suffer with eczema myself, and it's NO FUN!!! I only get it on my forehead and side of face... but when it's bad, it's SO frustrating and itchy!!!

I use a couple things below... and they don't fix it 100%, but they keep it in check and really help with the itch... Best of luck hun!!!

https://exzemax.com/
https://www.babyganics.com/Bye_Bye_Dry_Eczema_Care_Cream_FF (I know it's for babies, lol, but works pretty well and I can't use anything that's not natural being prego)

Might also try concentrated Vitamin E oil. I use that on my face, and it helps to moisturize :) Best of luck hun!

FYI- I just found this site online... might check it out, I ordered some myself... :)

https://www.obrestore.com/products/rose-infused/

Dream cream from Lush is amazing for eczema on hands. I've suffered my whole life, and discovered this cream a few months ago and it has changed my life! I no longer have cracked skin and itchy hands. It's a miracle. Costs £10 a tub but a tub will last me about 9-12 months and that's using it several times a day as you only need a tiny bit. Much cheaper in the long run than other creams I have used.

My 8 yr old son has had eczema from birth. It's so much better now, and he only has the odd dry area.

He gets sore hands sometimes, and I do what the consultant recommended for him when he was tiny - wet wrapping technique.

You get so emulsifying ointment (big tub from the chemist) smother it on his hand - loads of it. Then you cut some tubifast to the right size, and make a whole for his thumb. You need 4 pieces the same. You wet 2 with very warm water, and put them on his hands, and then put the dry pieces on top.

Let him sleep in them,and the next morning you will see a vast improvement. If it is really bad I also apply eumovate(steroid cream) before the emulsifying ointment.

You can get tubifast, emulsifying ointment, and eumovate on prescription from your Doctor.

As you probably know, with eczema, what works for one person may not work for another, it's worth a try though. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->