Really discouraged.

sassymrsbee

Reaction score
Last week at 36 weeks 4 days I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. The Dr could even feel my little girls head through my cervix she was do low!
I know that you can be stuck like this for weeks but after my appointment I had major Braxton hicks and cramping, and I could feel pain and pressure in my cervix all the time. So at exactly 37 weeks I started walking a lot, bouncing on my ball, and having sex, hoping to get things going. Continued to get contractions( not consistent), cramping and LOADS of pressure.
Today I had another appointment and I was so sure I would have dilated at least a little more, but NOPE!! Nothing, nada, zip. Even the Dr was surprised i hadnt dilsted anymore because my babies head is still so low and pressing right on my cervix. She said the pressure and pain I'm getting is because her head is so low so now I've been instructed NOT to bounce on my ball or walk too much, since its not doing anything but causing me pain anyway.
I'm just so discouraged!! My entire family is moving away at the beginning of July and I really wanted my mom especially to have some time with the baby, I honestly thought she might be coming this weekend and I was really excited.
I'm so uncomfortable and its hot, I can barely walk and sleep is something I can only dream about.
I know there is no point to this thread, I just needed to get my feelings out.

:hugs: I'm sorry to hear your having so much trouble! If it helps on the plus side a friend of mine had a similar thing, the baby was so low the midwife was shocked every time she saw her that she was still pregnant, but she was told once labour started it would be very quick! And she was right! 2 hours from start to finish :) no tears or anything and her baby boy was born breech hope that helps a little? :flower: x

:hugs: I'm sorry to hear your having so much trouble! If it helps on the plus side a friend of mine had a similar thing, the baby was so low the midwife was shocked every time she saw her that she was still pregnant, but she was told once labour started it would be very quick! And she was right! 2 hours from start to finish :) no tears or anything and her baby boy was born breech hope that helps a little? :flower: x

Thank you, this does help a bit. My mom said the same thing, the fact that baby is so low might mean a fast labor! I hope this is right :)

:hugs: It won't be long now hun (keep telling myself that lol!)

I've been 3 cm since 37 weeks (now I'm 4 cm) very ripe, 100% effaced..etc. and nothing is happening! I promised myself I will not get checked in any future pregnancies because all this means nothing! It could happen at any time or it could stay this way for weeks. I hope something starts happening for you soon, since I know how frustrating this can be! :flower:

Thanks ladies, it helps to know I am not alone in this. We will get through this!!

I'm in a similar situation. I cried when leaving the doctors office yesterday when I found out I was 1cm and long like I was last week. I've had loads of braxton hicks, cramping, mucus, and thought for sure I'd have progressed but nothing. My daughter is measuring 8lbs 11 oz. and they were talking about possibly inducing me at 38 weeks if her lungs were mature. Now they're saying there's no point if my body isn't ready. Like you I can barely walk, lots of pain and pressure, can't sleep. Such a disappointment! :hugs:

Sorry. At least your dilated I'm 38 weeks not dilated at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->