Really lost with feeding

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Hey!!

Well as the title says - i'm really lost with feeding!!

The MW said not to go longer than 4 hours without feeding Maya & that if she's asleep I have to wake her up

In general Maya stirs herself & takes a feed but not always. For instance last night she took a feed at 9pm then woke up at 3am for a feed. Then she slept through straight through till 8am!! She seems content but I know my MW would go mad if she knew I was allowing her to go longer than 4 hours

I'm just in the mindset that if she's hungry she'll let me know??

Any advice would be fab :)
xxxx

Hello sweetheart,
i was like you, thought i had to wake her to feed as MW had said..my GP thought i was nuts lol.. i changed to feeding her when she wanted and she had been great ever since, she found her own little routine instead of me forcing one on her and she roughly went 4-5hr
thing is, i started thinking, when she was older if i had been waking her in the night to feed her then she would get used to it.. (as you need to help babies differenciate between night and day) then she wouldnt sleep through the night for me when she was older.. so i left her sleep as long as she wanted and she dropped from 2 night feeds to 1 immediatley then about 2 months later she dropped that one and has slept through the night for me ever since (she was 3 months)
its your decision in the end hun, the MW/HV & GP's are there to guide you :hugs:

(how is your little angel? how are you feeling?)

You do have to be careful in the early days that you dont go to long because your supply will start to decrease but its sounds like your baby is content on what you are feeding so I wouldnt worry too much

Hello sweetheart,
i was like you, thought i had to wake her to feed as MW had said..my GP thought i was nuts lol.. i changed to feeding her when she wanted and she had been great ever since, she found her own little routine instead of me forcing one on her and she roughly went 4-5hr
thing is, i started thinking, when she was older if i had been waking her in the night to feed her then she would get used to it.. (as you need to help babies differenciate between night and day) then she wouldnt sleep through the night for me when she was older.. so i left her sleep as long as she wanted and she dropped from 2 night feeds to 1 immediatley then about 2 months later she dropped that one and has slept through the night for me ever since (she was 3 months)
its your decision in the end hun, the MW/HV & GP's are there to guide you :hugs:

We're both fantastic thanks!! Didn't know how much i'd enjoy being a mummy :cloud9:

xxxx

You do have to be careful in the early days that you dont go to long because your supply will start to decrease but its sounds like your baby is content on what you are feeding so I wouldnt worry too much

Ohhh i'm bottle feeding so no supply worries for me lol

Hello sweetheart,

We're both fantastic thanks!! Didn't know how much i'd enjoy being a mummy :cloud9:

xxxx

Ahhh it is wonderful isnt it, glad your enjoying :) x

I'm with you, if shes hungry she'll tell you. I only wake Chloe if its been over 5hours during the day or if its tme for her feed before bed as if she doesnt have that on time it messes her routine, but by letting her dictate its a routine that she has set

I have been feeding on demand with Jess since the beginning. Seems crazy to me to wake a sleeping baby and shove a bottle/boobie in her mouth. If she is hungry she will deffinately let you know. Jess is about 13.5LBS now so I don't seem to have been doing too badly this way. I think everyones different and you just have to find what suits you and your bubs. Lots of luck to you hun xXx

If they are hungry they will let you know! As lond as she is happy and healthy during the day and gaining weight and eliminating enough then there are no worries.

Babies and mums need their sleep! Enjoy the privelegde! Some babies wake up constantly.

I always slept good and so did my OH... His mom actually took him to the doctor thinking something was wrong with him as he slept so much... But he was perfectly happy and healthy so no worries.

i'm with everyone else on this, if they're hungry then they will let u no. i've found that eventually they find there own routine, we've just gone with that, and enjoy your sleep :) u sound like you're doing a wonderful job, well done mummy :hugs:

Hey hon! The biggest thing to make sure of is that your baby is going through at least 5-6 wet diapers per day.

About 4 days after I brought home my first baby, a nurse came to visit and she did ask me how many diapers I was going through. Actually, I had brought it up to her as I wasn't going through many in one day. She then told me I had to start waking my child up every few hours to feed.

So just make sure she is going through the diapers hon. That will be an indicator as to whether or not your baby is getting enough.

Ahhhh my LO went about 5 hours during the night & I was so worried...
I actually woke her up then for a feed & couldn't help feeling sorry for her...

She looked ever so gorgeous too when I woke her... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->