Really need help understanding OHs SA results ...

threebirds

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I really need some help knowing what the SA results mean in terms of in/fertility... Thank you! I think frm a quick google the count is v low, but not sure because of the way it is put. We did get preg earlier this yr, but wondering now if that was a one in a million fluke! (in any case it ended in mc)

Thanks in advance xxxx

SA

Volume: 4ml
Liquefaction: Complete
Sperm count: 8x10 to the power of 6 /ml
Motility -
Progressive: 64%
Vibratory: 3%
Non-motile: 33%
Progression: Grade 3/4
Abnormal forms: 97%
MAR test: St. Pos

Oh sorry, trying to do this frm ph. The dash after motility is jyst a dash & not a negative sign... Dont want to cause confusion...
Thanks xx

I´d like to help but the terms you use aren´t ones I´m familiar with. Vibratory? I know my oh has only 5% of fast swimmers and it is considered a problem. Seems like a high number of abnormal forms. What is he taking to improve sperm quality?
I´m guessing you have seen this already but I´ll pop it on here anyway. Might help
The World Health Organisation provides a definition of a 'normal' sperm count:

* the concentration of spermatozoa should be at least 20 million per ml.
* the total volume of semen should be at least 2ml.
* the total number of spermatozoa in the ejaculate should be at least 40 million.
* at least 75 per cent of the spermatozoa should be alive (it is normal for up to 25 per cent to be dead).
* at least 30 per cent of the spermatozoa should be of normal shape and form.
* at least 25 per cent of the spermatozoa should be swimming with rapid forward movement.
* at least 50 per cent of the spermatozoa should be swimming forward, even if only sluggishly.

I am not sure how to read that count #...but, I would love to help.

I found this page which is really clear and informative.
https://www.ivf.com/ch7mb.html
good luck Nats

Thanks so much ladies. I think the crucial figure is the 8x10/ml as this should be 15 or 20 per ml. I *think* the data tells us there are few sperm (few being relative here!), most of them are mis-shaped but at least they are moving forward and some of them can even move forward quite quickly. The follow up apt with consultant is in a couple of wks so we will know much more then. I will also get my AMH result then. On the SA results sheet it did also say suitable for ICSI. I guess they will recommend that coz of the very low sperm count. It seems rather miraculous we got preg earlier this yr all by ourselves. If we werent oldies we could wait another yr or two to see if one wee swimmer could successfully make it through. But we don't really have time on our side so will see what consultant says. Also, no idea what vibrancy means either in the results. If anyone can add anything else about the results please do! Thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->