Really scared and nervous, trying to be positive

xCookieDoughx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
I got my first BFP 3 days ago at 9 DPO. The lines have gotten darker over the last 3 days which is reassuring.

However I had brown CM at 9DPO with a little pink spotting. Then yesterday at 10DPO I had one instance of dark reddy browny spotting and absolutely nothing since! Just the ever so slightest tinge of very light brown CM.

I saw the doctor yesterday who said it was most likely implantation bleeding and nothing to worry about.

I’ve never had implantation bleeding before in any of my pregnancies. So obviously my first worry is that this is a chemical pregnancy, but my tests are dark and progressing nicely so wouldn’t have thought it would be a chemical.

I’m really confused! Does this mean I’ll miscarry soon?

Attachments

• 19BC7BCE-2383-40F4-9406-83804B449011.jpg
    19BC7BCE-2383-40F4-9406-83804B449011.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 26
I have been pregnant 5 times. 3 successful one chemical and one early miscarriage. 2 out of 3 of the successful pregnancies I have had spotting around the time of my missed period. I had quite a bit more than spotting in one & in the other one I had no bleeding. I had an early scan in both cases at EPAU (UK) - I was referred from Doctor but I also had cramping.

My chemical never got darker than your 9DPO even at 15DPO when I started bleeding and I never got a positive digi

My miscarriage I had no bleeding until around 7 weeks and it was obvious what was happening plus I had a lot of pain.

I've had implantation bleeding with 2 of my 3 pregnancies (can't remember about the first) and this time around it lasted about 4 days brown a little pink then brown again, but like you the lines just kept getting stronger. I also had spotting and bleeding at about 7-8 weeks with both previous pregnancies and everything was ok at the scans. I've asked for an early scan this time around just for that peace of mind (even if you go back to worrying the next day, which we seem to always do as expectant mums) that everything is looking ok.

Fingers crossed for you xx

Thank you :) I’ve not had any more spotting *touch wood* but I’ve literally done the bare minimum and spent the day so far sitting on the sofa with my legs up! I’ve only gotten up to make my kids lunch and go to the loo.

The thing I’m most scared of is that it’s a sign of bad things to come. I’m hoping since it really was only a little bit of red that it’s nothing. Brown and pink I can relax, but that little bit of red scared me. However it was literally the once and hasn’t happened since x

CookieDough I'm so excited to see you post here. Congrats on the bfp! I'm so sorry you have had some bleeding and are feeling scared. Completely understandable. I had bleeding around 7 weeks with this pregnancy and went straight to the emergency room. I hope it stops for you soon. Will they offer you an early scan? That might make you feel more reassured. Hoping for the very best for you!

CookieDough I'm so excited to see you post here. Congrats on the bfp! I'm so sorry you have had some bleeding and are feeling scared. Completely understandable. I had bleeding around 7 weeks with this pregnancy and went straight to the emergency room. I hope it stops for you soon. Will they offer you an early scan? That might make you feel more reassured. Hoping for the very best for you!

I don’t think an early scan will be an option here, it’s not really standard practice, unless I’m over 6 weeks and in pain/bleeding.
I’m more worried that the majority of women that have had spotting go on to miscarry :(

I had a lot of on/off spotting midway through my last cycle (way before ovulation) so I’m wondering if it’s just my body? But I don’t think I’ll calm down really. I know I can’t wait until 12 weeks for a scan though, I’ll lose my mind!!! I might have to go back to my GP in the next couple of weeks if I haven’t calmed down by then and ask what my options are.

If I haven’t had any more spotting by then I think I’ll feel a little more at ease though, cause it may have just been implantation. I remember reading somewhere that baby implants 7-9dpo but burrows a little deeper a few days later or something? So hoping it’s either that, or I’ve disturbed my cervix checking it.

Argh so stressful!!!

My OB won't do early scans either that's why I just went to the ER (they did a scan, it was such a relief, that was at 7 weeks though). Early spotting is so tricky, some turn out to be mc some are fine. I had light spotting in both my mc and successful pregnancy so I think that's just what my body does regardless.

I'm so sorry you are feeling so stressed. I'm keeping all my fingers crossed for you.

With both of my successful pregnancies, I had several bleeding episodes. Both of them started out with a week of brown and red spotting around when my period was due. With my first child, I had several bleeds up until 8 weeks. Even bled through my pants a few times. With second child,i had red bleeds at 7 weeks and 11 weeks. Both went on to be healthy babes. With my mc, I had no bleeding.

Eeeeeee! Congrats on your bfp! I know it’s going to be hard not to worry about this one ��. If it helps at all, I had no bleeding for my miscarriage and on and off very light spotting for weeks with this pregnancy ( at 12w now and I think all good so far ). I assume it was on and off implantation and old blood working through. Happy and healthy 9 months to you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->