Really scared :(

Pandasnax

Reaction score
Hi ladies a little tmi in this post but im very worried!

I had slight spotting at 6 weeks that was brown in coulor and went to the a&e ect and all was fine even had a scan and saw babys heart beat, however I jist finished reading my DS a bedtime story and when I stood up to leave I felt something come out, a bit like the feeling when on a period :/ I went straight to the bathroom and they was quite a bit of watery brown discharge .... id say it was more discharge than blood... still very worried! Iv also had no pain at all and even though I went straight to the loo they was quite a bit in my knickers and lots when I wiped! But definitely watery (sorry)

Just looking for some advice really should I be worried or is this normal and will just be the same reasons as before? Xx

Hi ladies a little tmi in this post but im very worried!

I had slight spotting at 6 weeks that was brown in coulor and went to the a&e ect and all was fine even had a scan and saw babys heart beat, however I jist finished reading my DS a bedtime story and when I stood up to leave I felt something come out, a bit like the feeling when on a period :/ I went straight to the bathroom and they was quite a bit of watery brown discharge .... id say it was more discharge than blood... still very worried! Iv also had no pain at all and even though I went straight to the loo they was quite a bit in my knickers and lots when I wiped! But definitely watery (sorry)

Just looking for some advice really should I be worried or is this normal and will just be the same reasons as before? Xx

As long as there is no cramping your good! I would say just rest and relax. Put your feet up!

it could just be old blood :) especially since you went to the doc and heard the heartbeat I would not worry about it really :) my first pregnancy ended in mc and started with brown discharge, but It didn't start heavy like that and lasted for a while. I also had some this week and it was just implantation bleeding! I think you are fine tho considering you went to doc and saw everything and everything is fine!!! ill be sending up a prayer for you tho :)!! it's so hard tho! I worried last night when I had discharge with a pink streak in it.. you woulda thought the real thing was happening.. but spotting is completely normal. but it's so scary for us to see! it just stresses us even more!! but I hope everything goes great and you will be just fine:)

I guess my opinion is a bit different on this one...I say you need a scan. Not to frighten you, or give you a reason to worry incessantly, but I think any time there's a bleeding episode, even if it's brown or whatever, it merits a scan - NOT because I feel that anything is necessarily wrong, but seeing discharge or brown spotting naturally causes us to worry, and you need reassurance for yourself that everything is fine. You don't want to sit around worrying yourself over this, if you can find out relatively soon if things are fine. I suggest you call your doc, get a scan booked ASAP, and get some peace of mind for YOU. They may be able to pinpoint the reason why this is happening, which may help you if it happens again in the future. :hugs:

Brown is old blood so I've always been told not to worry (as much anyway) as long as it stays brown and I'm not cramping. Did they do an internal exam or a transvaginal scan when you went in? If they did, it's possible they loosened up the remaining discharge and that's why it's suddenly so heavy. And spotting can be totally normal. Even if it isn't, it doesn't mean the end all the time. I've had spotting, bleeding, clotting, and even cramping with this pg from 5 weeks on and every ultrasound has shown bubs is growing and the hb is strong and steady. Try to relax and if it continues at this level, then call your doctor to see what they recommend. Other than that, all I can add is to take it easy, keep your feet up, and drink plenty of water.

Thanks everyone! Im hopeing its nothing with my first pregnancy I never experienced any spotting so this part is very new and I dont have as many symptoms as I did with my first just very achy boobs! And the odd morning of feeling very sick! My doctors os closed till monday and my first midwifw appointment isnt till the second! Who would I contact to get a scan? I live in england (leeds) and didnt think I could ring my doctors up to request one how would I go about it ? Xx

I agree, a scan would be best. Out of hours Gp could refer you maybe? Or even a&e?
My hospital only scans mon-fri, but yours may do weekends as well.
Sounds just like the subchorionic hematoma I had in my last pregnancy. That type of bleeding went on for quite some time but baby hung on in there! X

Sorry to here this but I'm sure it is fine. I had spotting with my DS around about 8 weeks & all was fine. Most maternity units will have a Early Pregnancy Unit which will see you if you are under 12 weeks. Try not to stress, I know it's easier said than done. But I agree with Wookie, a scan will put your mind at ease.

Big hugs Xxx

I bled at 4, 8 and 12 weeks some people are just more prone to bleeding. With my son I bled for a week at 6 1/2 weeks. He's now just over one x

Where I am in the UK they have an emergency gynae unit in the hospital. But they don't scan on weekends or evenings.

I had spotting at around 6 weeks and 8 weeks.

I had a scan at the EGU at 8 weeks because of the spotting and everything was fine.

I don't think you'd get a scan until Monday so try to relax. I know that's easier said than done.

Brown is supposed to be old blood, but I had that too with my mmc. It wasn't anything to do with the mmc though, it was cervical abrasions. But when they investigated this they found I had a mmc.

I hope all is well, keep and eye on it. It should be ok if it's just brown with no cramps.

:hugs:

I just had the same thing happen with the exception that it was bright red clotty blood with af dull pain & cramping. It stopped after 4hours. My doc said to lie down as it minimizes bleeding & cramping and call her asap monday morning for a scan. I've been using a warm pack on my belly too to relax the muscles. I think with brown spotting you'll be ok. My red spotting could be a tear or m/c of one of the 2 embryos put back:shrug:
Either way take it easy till Monday.

Hi, first off I'm sorry your having brown bleeding :hugs: It's so worrisome, I know. I had brown spotting on the TP from 5w - 6w. I had my hCG taken at 5+0, 5+2, and 5+4 and it was doubling! Then I had a scan at 5+5 and we only saw the gest sac and yolk sac. By 7w the spotting was gone. I had another scan to rule out blighted ovum at 7+5. We saw the bean and heartbeat! Awesome feeling. At the beginning of 8w the brown spotting started up again just as strong as the beginning of 5w. Even though I know that everything must be fine, it was so discouraging to see the spotting start again. It's so hard not to worry! I think everything should be fine for both of us. I think the spotting started again because I had a transvaginal at 7+5. Did you have a transvaginal scan or intercourse? It makes me reluctant to have sex or do anything too physical. I've called the nurse way too many times lol, she just tells me the same thing every time - rest, fluids, and ER if it gets worse.
I think as long as you are not cramping, no red blood or clots, you should be fine. With my MMC I had spotting but it was very much bright red. If you can get a scan on Monday, I say you should.. Just for reassurance purposes. :) My doctors will not give me another scan unless things get worse. So positive thoughts for now! And positive thoughts are coming your way too! :hugs:

So sorry ur going through this, how stressful! If I were you I'd definitely try to find a 24 hour walk in clinic near me (go to Nhs website), phone an out of hours dr or even just go to a&e., though as others have said u may have to wait till Monday for a scan. Though I'm sure all is ok the only way to know that is with a scan and though other peoples stories can definitely really help reassure you every pregnancy is different and you need to get professional medical advice, at least to put ur mind at rest if nothing else!! Please keep us posted! Xx

Thanks all its nice to know its pretty normal still a bit worried it looked brown to start woth but dried reddish on the pad :/ I know a&e wont really do much atm so might have to hang in there till monday and give the early pregnancy unit were I went for my 6 week scan a ring would they beable to help me? Thank you all for your wellwishes really hopeing everything is ok more worried that its drying a light redish colour..... might even give the early pregnancy unit a ring tomorrow its worth a shot haha :/ xx

Yes they will definitely help :hugs:

Give them a ring tomorrow if you want, they may ask you to come in, but I don't think they will scan you until Monday.

Gets lots of rest and keep your eye on it.

Hope everything's ok for you :hugs:

I gave them a ring today and as I havnt had anymore sicharge/blood and I only have slight cramping they said its nothing to worry about and is all normal in early pregnancy aslong as im not doubled over in pain or have bright red clotty blood all should be ok! This being pregnant stiff sure is stressfull haha and I know ot never goes away my DS is nearly 2 and I still worry about him haha xx baby dust to all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->