Really Sicky Baby!!!! HELP!!!!!

karenmack

Mummy of 2 Boys
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm exhausted. My little boy is 18 days old and for the past 5 days has been really sicky and it is getting worse not better. Thurs last week I took him hospital and he was prescribed Infant Gaviscon which has not helped at all still being sick, he won't bring wind up very well and has Infacol before each feed but doesn't give wind very easily. Last 24 hours have been unbearable, last night we went through 6 sleepsuits and in the end my hubby ended up on a mattress on the floor so Harrison could stay in the bed with me, projectile vomiting and loads of it, surely this is not normal!!! H.V suggested Colief and that made him worse so today took im to docs and have changed his formula milk from normal to cow and gate comfort, has anybody used this. Running out of ideas with him and feeling like i'm a failure as a mother now, if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated
xxxxxxx

your not a failure hun, far from it. Just keep searching, keep talking to your health care team, and maybe someone on here will be able to help :hugs:
good luck

you're not a failure:hugs:, your little boy might be intolerant to cows milk, a friend of mine had a similar problem and changed to a soy based milk. hope he feels better soon.

hun, kira was like this. i eneded up changing her milk and you tried that??? what milk is he on?

You are NOT a failure! My boy has reflux too, but not nearly as bad as that.

Is his cot at an incline? Also do rub his back instead of patting when you wind him.

It could very well be the formula.

He was on cow and gate, the 1st one but have put him on the cow and gate comfort today, considering aptimil as my next option if this does not work
xxx

the cow and gate comfort was horrible, it was just thicker and she couldnt bring her wind up what so ever. Put kira on aptimal number 1 and she was a changed baby. i would differently give it a go hun. Before i tried aptimal kira was on heniz, then cow and gate 1 then cow and gate comfort then aptimal, all the others she projectial vomited, amptil she might throw up, but its a little doesn't end up the other side of the room.

My LO projectile vomited with Farleys and Aptamil whenever she got it between breast feeds at 4 weeks old so put her on C&G Comfort 1 and it all stopped. I only used 1 box of it and then tried Aptamil 1 again as she was over a month older and she has no probems with it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->