Really Stuck With Food Ideas - Fussy Kid!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Caitlin won't eat my cooking :rofl: She was like this in earlier food times so I stuck with jars partly being lazy with bump and Caitlin being so young but again I've hit a brick wall and she won't eat her food. Holds it in her mouth so I can't put any more in :dohh:

So I'm trying so hard to come up with finger foods she can have for dinner thats not bad for her every day.

She doesn't seem to keen on chicken either although I'm giving her it!

Any ideas?

So far have:
Fish fingers and cougettes or potatoes waffles
Scrambled egg & sausages
Oven chippys & chicken dippers
Pasta she can hold with some ham strips

:help:

I should mention some bit sI've tried!

Pasta and cheese sauce won't have it (home made) - bought a kids meal from Sainsburys and she didn't like that either!

Tesco have beans and sausages for kids - Tried that! Doesn't like it!

Tried raviolli & mash - doesn't like it

*Slams head off wall*

What about trying her on some vegetarian fish fingers with some mash ... similar to what she already knows but in a different form?

Birds eye do some good stuff atm like little fishcakes with veg incorporated into them? Like little fishy shapes?

Home made potato wedges too?

what about fruit?? Elinor is going thro a I wont eat stage too :( But I have been slicing bananas and strawberries for her and steaming slices of apple for her too and makin her big fruit salads??

ummm.... ham slices too... she will eat them if i kinda slice them into strips for her....

cheese on toast??

Last night I gave her a hand full of the cooked and peeled prawns too for the 1st time and she loved them :)

:hugs:

Umm hard one!

What about veggie sticks? or have u tried them?

Lilly doesnt eat the jars, she also holds it in her mouth, first time ive actually heard of anybody else with the same problem actually. ive been giving her sausage rolls alot, just to make sure she eats, she loves coldslaw rolled up in ham, little bit messy though lol. also the fish finger things with the peas already in them she kinda likes them. x

Does she like cheese? You could make cheese on toast and cut it into strips, or boiled egg and soilders. Raw veg might be a good idea, cucumber and carrot sticks that kind of thing. You can make homemade burgers using minced beef (so no crap) and once cooked you can cut them into bitesized pieces.

Hope that helps you a bit hun, Grace went through a stage of refusing everything i cooked for a while it was frustrating, spending time cooking it then she refused it and we'd have to start over again. Not fun when they demanding to be fed. Good luck xx

What about a little home made pizza? You could put veggies on and make it into a simley face lol

Good finger food!!

Asda do these little pasta things for kids, there quite tasty aswell, there by the pasta for adults. i havent tried them yet but a friend of mine gets them and her LO loves them x

Watch big cook little cook ... there are some great idea's on there :rofl:

what about chicken cut into strips she could hold?

or quiche (sp) I think they can have it at her age.

callum is the same as caitlin, so fussy! the only thing he really loves are fishcakes,baked beans and waffles and kiwi fruit, not together tho.

those fishy shapes with veg in are great.

Veg sticks sound like a good idea - Ill have to look when I do home shopping next

Pizzas - I got kiddies ones and not overly keen on those :dohh;

Might try sausage rolls again actually

Kids meals are limited in all my local stores that deliver (sainsburys asda tesco) ive never been in to morrisons might see what there kids meals are like next time I'm in. It slike Tesco only have 2 things ...cottage pie and spaggi :dohh: you'd think they had more selections but the stores are not massive here - mind asda is and their availability is **** too.

Apples cut up cheese etc etc is lunch she has stuff like this but I want her to be having a meal at dinner time :D

Some good ideas.

She doesn't seem to like chicken much have give her strips of chicken when we have it and it ends up on the floor :dohh:

Im going to Morrisons tonight i'll have a look :lol:

I dont think they do many kids meals in there though

I

Welcome to my world:)

Seriously i have been going through this for nearly 2years with Kieran, he has real issue's with food, everyone kept telling me he'd grow out of it:dohh:

He won't eat what i call 'wet' food, for example, pasta sauces, gravy, etc, doesn't seem that bad but it rules out a lot of foods. He won't try new things so we're screwed there aswell. The HV has suggested a eating clinic at the hospital but we're going to give him a little bit longer.

Have you tried Jacket potato's stuffed with things

What about having a look at the veggie options like PP said?
The kids love cheese grills and veggie burgers, what about pie's??

Sorry not much help :blush: But will be keeping my eye on this thread myself :)

They do lots of veggie things which are actually quite nice, not the quorn stuff but like the veggie fingers and burgers which are made up of peas, sweetcorn, carrots, peppers etc

Alfie is going thru this, the only things he will eat at the mo, are: Ravioli, macaroni cheese & chips :hissy:.....he will also eat muller rice and mousse. Having said that he did eat sausage, mash and beans last week.

He used to LOVE meat, veg, potatoes, chicken thigh and leg NOT breast (I think it was too dry), shepperds pie and lots of other stuff, but now he literally refuses to eat unless it is one of the top list I mentioned. Even lunches are becoming really hard to cater for :( But he will eat his porridge every morning! Somedays all he will have is his porridge and maybe some wotsits later, then refuse everything else. x

have you tried making your homemade food more bland ???? cause the jars are a bit tasteless it might be that your cooking has too much flavour for her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->