Rear Facing - Hiting the news (at last)!

eeyore007

New Mummy to Frances
Reaction score
Looks like rear facing is hitting the news at last. Fingers crossed some will take note.

Have just ordered mine today!!!! YAY YAY YAY (have been putting it off as Frances is still quite fine in her baby carrier - dinky little thing)!

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8094829.stm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1192448/Use-rear-facing-car-seats-age-4-warn-experts.html

Oh it's old - OH just sent me lniks as new news. Doh - really should read these things properly!

What seat are you getting, Eeyore? :)

The one we got does birth-18kg. Though apparently, once they can sit up unaided and have total head control, the "9kg" starting limit on most ERF seats can be discounted (according to Hakan from carseat.se anyway!). We figured that 18kg will certainly do her until 4, if not longer (!), so she's in that. Much much happier than being in her infant carrier!

Which one are you getting?

I've got the Britax 2 Way Elite. It was the only one that would fit in our small car. I really wanted the Maxi Cosi Mobi (not Tobi) but you apparently need a huge car to have it rear facing.

i have the britax first class plus for EJ it is birth -13kg rear facing and 9-18kg front facing unfortunatly i havent been able to afford to put Nate back rear facing after really regretting that we put him front facing anyway but fully intend to do the bvest we can for him once we have moved and hoped desperately that he doesnt put on more than 1/2 a kg before march so we dont have to buy a seat just to not use very long

I'm getting the britax highway, which fits into very small cars. Hakan (gets around doesn't he!!) recommended it and sent me photos of it in a polo. I have a rover 25, so I really don't think the car size is an issue.
Very excited!!!

Have just checked and hi-way is up to 25kg (so until she's about 15 then)!!!
Can you imagine how much she would hate me if I insisted she sit in it to be delivered to secondary school??? HA ha ah ahaaaaaa!!

Did you order from Sweden? I wound up getting mine online at the In Car Safety Centre in Milton Keynes.

I wanted to make a trek out to one of the shops that sold the rear facing seats but the Essex Safety ladies (who are fab) said that there were only 2 seats that were likely to fit my car and the nearest place only had one of them and it was the one I wasn't sure about.

I ordered from Sweden too. The only place near me which sold rear-facing seats only stocked Isofix Recaro ones, which are MAHOOSIVE! Plus we don't have Isofix in our current car. I got the Graco DuoLogic2, as it'll fit in both my car and my Mum's, plus it fits with either the belt or Isofix. So when we get a new car (hopefully soon!) we have the option of fitting it with either :)

I also ordered from good old Hakan :lol: Such a nice person, so helpful. We got the Akta Graco Duo Logic 1, and it fits fine in our Citroen C3. I did my research and felt ok about ordering from Sweden and not having it professionally fitted since ours is Isofix, so practically foolproof to install.

Yes - Sweden too! Soooooo helpful. Looked very easy in the video, so I'll be fixing it as soon as it arrives. Won't be leaving that particular task to my impatient OH!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->