Reasons for slimming...

africaqueen

Reaction score
I just wondered what everyone else's main motivator is for losing weight?

My main reason is too increase my chances of getting pregnant again, as i knw being obese can effect fertility and worsen my PCOS too.
I want to be a mother more than anything on earth and whenever i feel like that cake or burger, i remind myself of the joy il feel holding my baby at last:cloud9:

The good side effect of the weight loss is also noticing my clothes are a little looser and i will be able to be sent nicer things from Italy from my MIL's boutique. Yes ladies my MIL lives in Milan and has her own Boutique so she often sends me dresses/skirts /tops and shoes and bags but most of the clothes wont fit me intill im at least a size 16(im a 20 now) so it will be nice to have a whole new wardrobe! hehe

xxx

Really its just to get my figure back. I love way i use to look & size i was.
I hate how i look & size i am now.

Thinking about it, i dont want start my career course overweight. I want be 'ideal' :)

I want the energy to run around after my babies.
I want to be a role model to them (food wise)
and i want to feel good in my own skin.

:D

For my daughter. I want to meet my grand-kids and her grand-kids. Before I had a kid I really didn't care about living a long life. I know it sounds silly. It just never really occurred to me I guess. Then I found out how much a mother loves her children and I want to be able to see her grow up and grow old. I also want to be able to play with her and run around without getting winded or tired. I also don't want her to go through the same torment I went through for being a fat kid and I figure I can't tell her to eat healthy and be active if I'm a fat mess. I must live by example.

Too look alright in a wedding dress and take Josh swimming. And to have a smaller baby bump next time, I was actually the size of a small house last time =]

to be happier with myself :) and so that Hannah grows up healthier than I did

I want to be happier with how I look, and to fit into the clothes I fitted into pre-pregnancy. I have lots of nice pairs of jeans and tops that don't fit me at the moment.

To look good and not have the spare tyre around my waist and hips! I need to lose about 7 inches to get to the size I was before I met the OH. Ive lost 6lbs in the last 2 weeks so im doing good.

I've got a wardrobe full of nice clothes which used to fit me before by pregnancy but now they don't. I want to be able to wear them again. I also want to feel as good as I did about myself when I was my pre-pregnancy size.

To fit into my wedding dress :rofl: Also because i want to know what it feels like to be slimmer :D

I need to loose weight so that i have more than just one pair of trousers, two pairs of 3/4 length trousers, stretchy maternity jeans and two skirts to wear! Maternity clothes are too big and pre-preg clothes too small. Bought the above mentioned clothes from Primark apart from the jeans. I have lots of tops that fit as they were all pretty loose fitting ones.

I ate like a total pig during pregnancy so I deserved every pound of the almost four stone I gained. I was 2 stone lighter after 6 weeks and have lost a couple more pounds since then. I still have 2 stone to go but haven't started dieting yet. Not sure which one to do, am thinking SW but not sure I can afford the classes will have to see what money is like once I am on just SMP. Am out walking with Oliver in his pram most days and once he has had his injections will be taking him swimming as well.

Honest? Vanity and also health. OH and I both do weight lifting and are very active. Exercise is our hobby, our way of life, but the diet is the vanity of it.

"Average" is not my cup of tea.

I have a great motivation atm. Im aiming to lose all or most of my weight by christmas and then get rid of all my big clothes to a charity shop and head to Bristol with OH for a shopping trip. Im gonna treat myself to some preety clothes. I wont go overboard, just get the stable wardrobe pieces

what motivates me:
wanting to look sexy for my husband. he loves when i'm in shape.
never wanting to be jealous of how thin someone else is!!!
feeling like i look good in any style clothes
being healthy and fit for the mere sake of having energy and setting a good example to my baby in the future.
just a sense of pride and willpower that comes with being successful.

what keeps me motivated:
successful weight loss... when i lose a little, it helps me to commit to the routine that helped me to do that... and when i get muscular or toned then I keep doing that work out. success if the biggest motivator for me.... that and looking great in a tight tank top.

Hi Africa

Hope you're well and not too stressed out at the moment.

I'm getting on the dieting wagon today and part of my motivation is ttc as well. I'm not sure if my weight is a fertility issue at the moment but it's certainly not helping and I really do want the extra energy once I finally have a baby.

For me a large part of it is just feeling uncomfortable in my body. I have this image in my head of who and what I am and I'm sick of photos proving me completely wrong. I want to be proud of my body rather than ashamed of it, I want to wear clothes that I like the look of rather than clothes that are the most slimming, I want to be able to mess around and play without getting out of breath and sweaty within minutes.

Lots of reasons really but I guess that the biggest one is to stop feeling like a failure who can't even control what she eats and to be a proud example to my future children.

xxx

I just want to feel confident in my clothes again. I want to be able to wear a tight top and jeans without spending the day sucking it all in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->