Reasons why conception might not happen??

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Just wondering if anyone knows of the reasons why conception often doesn't happen despite well timed BDing and 2 healthy partners?

The reason I'm asking is as far as I know me and my partner have no problems, we've conceived twice in under 3 years, the first was my dd and the second a mc in July.

However we've also had 8 cycles of well timed BDing when we didn't conceive in that time. I've got a normal cycle length and Lp, healthy weight, neither of us drink too much or smoke etc

So does anybody know the science behind why conception usually doesn't happen ??

Thanks all xxx

Stalking as I've been wondering this too.

Hope you get your bfp soon. X

Thanks. I'm 4dpo in the 2ww AGAIN!! I know in perfectly healthy couples the chance of conception in a timed inter course cycle is only 20% but I know lots of women who seem to get pregnant every month they try!!

Is it only 20% even if you definately had sex say day before, day of and/or day after ovulation?! That's slim I had no idea. I wonder where they even get those kind of statistics?!

I'm around 3-4 dpo as well although only our first cycle ttc #2

It took 3 cycles to conceive my dd, 5 for the last one and this is cycle 4 since my mc so it must be my turn again soon!!

Maybe if your having sex every day around your fertile time your diminishing sperm count b4 it can replenish?!

Thanks but we do it every other day til we get a positive opk then that day and the next so the day before and day of ov. When I conceived my dd though we were just doing it every other day so might be an idea!!

Yeah well if your doing it every day at ov time that may well be the problem!

Couldn't hurt to try a month EOD.

Having just googled it, it seems to be saying things like; age, weight, lifestyle or both man and woman, quality of eggs and sperm. X

It does also say how often you have sex but surely the statistic is based on a study where people had the same amount of sex on set days around ov? Otherwise half the 80% that don't conceive every month might not be having see at the right time? X

When I went to see my ob/gyn last month she told me they are now recommending having sex everyday during your fertile period. My DH and I are bding every other day until a pos. opk, then everyday during my fertile period. We will see how it goes!

I also just read an interesting article that says research is now changing to say that it's better to have more sex, and to not wait for your DH to replenish his supply. It says having more sex has been shown to increase the quality and quantity of sperm. Not sure if it's all true, but definitely was an interesting read. It also said that mens sperm count is highest in the morning, which I didn't know! May need to re think our timing!! : ) : )

Conception is not the issue. More than one RE has told me that conception happens really often, for those who ovulate and are trying, it would not be at all odd to conceive every single month.

The problem happens at one of the following stages: 8-cell division (a whole ton of fertilized eggs don't make it past this stage and this is easily seen in IVF efforts); implantation post hatching just doesn't happen; and implantation occurs but the embryo is quickly thereafter shed (i.e. chemical pregnancy).

That's really interesting 3 chords! My misvarriage was a missed one and basically it was due to chromosomal abnormalities so maybe we have an egg or sperm issue that they're not carrying the right information or have bits missing? Obviously we have a perfect dd though so it is possible!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->