reccomend me a shampoo!

missk1989

Reaction score
I use loreal but it doesnt do much for my hair. I used to use treseme but that wasnt great either. Any reccomendations for long dull hair?

it's pricey, but I really like the Regis brand shampoos/conditioners from salons. Makes my hair look so nice and soft:) (well, when I have decent hair anyways, lol. Still working on getting my hair back to its normal thickness right now, so using Nioxin at the moment)

I have L'Oreal Professional for Coloured hair (Vitamino?). It was pricey (£30 for Shampoo & Conditioner) but they are salon sizes so last ages.

Tresseme always makes my hair gross. I'm currently using john frieda volume shampoo :)

For a cheap one I've always liked Herbal Essences, especially now they've bought back their older style ones! Aussie shampoo and conditioner isn't expensive either and I really loved them when I had dryer hair and was trying to grow it out. I also like a lot of the Lee Stafford range, Boots often have it on two for three. Ojon stuff is brill but unfortunately expensive.

I have L'Oreal Professional for Coloured hair (Vitamino?). It was pricey (£30 for Shampoo & Conditioner) but they are salon sizes so last ages.

I use vitamino colour too, only cause it cleans my hair well but it totally strips my colour :dohh: I don't rate the shelf stuff compared to the professional ranges

Missk when you say dull, what do you mean? Is your hair processed/coloured? Dry/greasy? They all make a difference and if you feel your hair needs a bit of a refresh you're probably using the same products for too long. It's good to alternate between shampoos. :) I go between L'Oreal Everpure sulphate free to maintain my colour and vitamino colour to clean any build up of oils.

Alberto Balsam is always £1 at Asda and does the job. Doesn't make my hair dry or greasy and smells lovely.

I use vitamino colour too, only cause it cleans my hair well but it totally strips my colour :dohh: I don't rate the shelf stuff compared to the professional ranges

Missk when you say dull, what do you mean? Is your hair processed/coloured? Dry/greasy? They all make a difference and if you feel your hair needs a bit of a refresh you're probably using the same products for too long. It's good to alternate between shampoos. :) I go between L'Oreal Everpure sulphate free to maintain my colour and vitamino colour to clean any build up of oils.

I'll have to look into the Everpure one!

I don't find the Vitamino strips my colour too much (no more than normal) but it is a very dark red (naturally a dark brown).

When I went home I got some of that ultimate blends shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair - it made my hair soft and shiny. Sadly I ran out and I can't buy it here :(

I just use fructis anti dandruff (I have a mega dandruff problem and this is the only one that works but doesn't kill my colour at the same time like head and shoulders does).

I wish I could get ultimate blends here, my hair looks so lifeless without it :(

I use soap and glory's as it's an anti build up formula, and then I use mane n' tail clarifying shampoo once a week, I have found my hair looks so much shinier since doing this. Then I just use a cheap Alberto conditioner on the tips.

I'm using the Jumping Juniper shampoo bar and I Love Juicy shampoo from lush at the minute with American Cream conditioner, both make my hair feel lovely :)

Love the ultimate blends shampoos too, think they're on offer in SuperDrug! xxx

Thanks for your suggestions
I think it is from not switching enough but we always buy loads when its on offer and then i have to use it :blush:

I use Kinky Curly Come Clean, but I have no idea if it's available where you are and it's kind of pricey...but it gets my hair clean no buildup. I also use it with the Knot Today conditioner. They are vegan and cruelty free, and I can understand the ingredients.

I tried tresseme for a while and it made my hair gross, I threw out like half full bottles of it, I was never going to get to the end of that giant bottle.

I'm using the Jumping Juniper shampoo bar and I Love Juicy shampoo from lush at the minute with American Cream conditioner, both make my hair feel lovely :)

Just had a look and its boots they are on offer in. Half price!

Just had a look and its boots they are on offer in. Half price!

I've used the orange one and the green one, the orange one smells SO good xxx

I use wen and woyld recommend it for anyone! Especially dry dull colored treated hair:):) its been wonders for my hair as i live in a very dry place...my hairs no longer frizzy or staticy:):)

I'm using Aussie's mega shampoo at the moment, but also love the old school herbal essence.

For long hair either Redken All Soft range or I rate L'Oreal Dry and Damaged but it depends on hair type as well. If anything, use a bog std shampoo and conditioner and then condition once a week with Redken All Soft hair masque, makes a world of difference (get a shower cap too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->