Recipes with black pudding in

supertabby

Reaction score
I'm thinking of making something nice for dinner on father's day, to treat hubby. He loves black pudding and whenever we see something on a restaurant menu with black pudding in the ingredients he'll choose it. Does anyone know any nice black pudding orientated meals I could try?

Scallops, black pudding and pea purée as a starter? Or, I've had a pork fillet and black pudding stack with cider sauce before, and that was nice xx

Definitely with pork and apple! Or for a starter - black pudding, poached egg and asparagus is lovely :) poached egg has to be runny though! Mmmmmm...

Crumbled Black Pudding with Sweet Chilli Sauce and a Poached egg + melba toast.

Posh Breakfast - black pudding slice, poached/fried egg + streak of crispy bacon on top (I'm imagining it small & dainty (starter like), like you would expect from Michelin Starred restaurant, rather than greasy spoon!)

Black Pudding Scotch Eggs (See Hairy Bikers for recipe)

Personally I would just be happy with crispy black pudding sandwich

We had black pudding scotch eggs once in a restaurant - we got a deal on a hotel and dinner at a Michelin starred place. The starter was black pudding scotch egg with quails egg in it, the egg was perfectly runny. Yummy! The rest of the meal was rubbish - they didn't ask me how I wanted the steak so we decided maybe they assume they know best (although they should ask no matter who they are imo) and so we decided we'd test them and see what they did. They did a cop-out medium (I wanted rare).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->