Recommend a hip sling please?

L

Lisa1302

Hello!

I thought this the best place to come as you ladies will know all about these hip slings!

I have a baby bjorn carrier, but I am not that keen on her being at the front , so want to get a hip one.

The one I have seen which seems what I want is the Ellaroo Mei-Hip Baby Carrier

I think I prefer the ones like a sling rather than the carrier type.

Can anyone help me, give me advice on what to get?
TIA :)

i have just got a Peanut Shell sling and i really like it :) i only really use it for hip carries at the moment and its quite supportive.....tho i am also looking into making myself a Ring Sling....might be worth a thought ?

sara

xxxxxx

A pouch, ring sling, or mei-tai would work, a pouch or ring sling being far simpler and quicker up and down, but hip carries aren't necessarily good for long periods or and you will still need to use your hand a little, great for quick up and down though

A pouch, ring sling, or mei-tai would work, a pouch or ring sling being far simpler and quicker up and down, but hip carries aren't necessarily good for long periods or and you will still need to use your hand a little, great for quick up and down though

I think I would mainly use this for when I pop to town, I really hate getting the pushchair out. Or when I pick her up from nursery, the car is a short walk away, and I am not pushing an empty pushchair up the road, so I tend to carry her right now which isn't all that easy with her being a squirmer lol

So not long periods, and if I am in the supermarket she goes in the trolley!

Are they easy enough to put on by yourself? The baby bjorn I have to say its not really easy, I can manage if I sit down, but would be nice if something were simpler.

Go for a pouch then, pop it over your head, sit her in and away you go. I think the theory is similar with a ring sling but I've never used one, pouches are fairly cheap too

Go for a pouch then, pop it over your head, sit her in and away you go. I think the theory is similar with a ring sling but I've never used one, pouches are fairly cheap too

oh thats sounds ace!
I'm off to look at pouches!

Gaah, I went browsing for you, and ended up buying myself a new sling, tree hugger mums has 10% off until the 31st might be worth a look, they have hotsling pouches which are fab, and free UK delivery

i have just got a Peanut Shell sling and i really like it :) i only really use it for hip carries at the moment and its quite supportive.....tho i am also looking into making myself a Ring Sling....might be worth a thought ?

sara

xxxxxx

I made a ring-sling, it was sooo easy :thumbup: deffinatly worth a thought!! All the materials i used only came to a tenner and took me 15 mins to make!! xxxx

sara

xxxxxx

I made a ring-sling, it was sooo easy :thumbup: deffinatly worth a thought!! All the materials i used only came to a tenner and took me 15 mins to make!! xxxx

That sounds good! I have a fabric shop in my town so thats not a problem, but where do you get the rings from?

I bought a fleece pouch online last night, just a very simple one for these cold months, and I hope to make one or two ring slings for summer!

you should use rings that are specifically manufactured for use on baby carriers, others cannot guarantee safety for this purpose. the only ones i can think of right now are sling rings (www.slingrings.com) and i can recommend those as ive used them. they come in different colours and metal/nylon depending on what fabric you use. you can order direct or there are uk vendors such as mamanatura.co.uk

hth

you should use rings that are specifically manufactured for use on baby carriers, others cannot guarantee safety for this purpose. the only ones i can think of right now are sling rings (www.slingrings.com) and i can recommend those as ive used them. they come in different colours and metal/nylon depending on what fabric you use. you can order direct or there are uk vendors such as mamanatura.co.uk

hth

thank you, yes I thought they were special ones as I read somewhere they ideally shouldn't have a weld mark.

Oh I am quite excited to try and make one....will have to wait until next weekend though as I need to get OH's tax self assessment done this week and I haven't even finished his accounts, boohoo boring!

I really could have done with one today as I went to a Christening, so had to carry her to the church and then the house etc, but the baby bjorn would have just been too much of a pain!

I bought the proper rings for sling making off ebay :) they cost me like a fiver or something :D I will post a pic of my sling tomorrow for you :) :) xxx

I have a fleece pouch and a Maya Wrap ring sling, love them both, very comfy. :)

My fleece pouch arrived today so I slotted her straight in, very quick and she seemed quite content in there, even lay her head on my chest for a little cuddle!

Thanks girls, this is definitely a million times easier than the front carrier and more comfy on the hip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->