Recommend me a car for a family of five

JessdueJan

Reaction score
So I have just found out I am pregnant with number 3! It's only early days but we need to start considering a new car. My little Polo is just not going to fit two car seats, a booster seat and a double buggy in the boot :(

When baby comes I will have a 4.5year old, a 22month old and a newborn. Is there any five seater car that will fit the carseats across the back or do I need to be looking at something bigger?

TIA :flower:

Aww congratulations! I'll be stalking as we've just decided to try for number 3! My SIL has a ford focus c-max which has a good size boot and 3 proper seats in the back. We get my 2 and her 6 year old in the car regularly without a problem. I'm definitely interested in more suggestions though as I only have a regular ford focus and it would be a real squeeze in mine.

we used to have a focus and managed to get three carseats across the back of that. was a squeeze though. I've heard Skoda Octavias are nice and quite spacious.

We have a nissan quashqai +2 it's great for room as its got 7 seats.

I'd love one of those!! they look lovely. we just have a zafira and it drinks petrol like crazy :/

We have a Peugeot 5008 and it's lovely :cloud9: road tax and amount of diesel is less than my old little Clio (although this car is newer!)

My dad's car fits 3 carseats in the back perfectly. His is a citreon picasso. It his like separate seats instead of one long one iykwim.

I had a scenic once as a courtesy car and that seemed huge on the inside.

I'd love one of those!! they look lovely. we just have a zafira and it drinks petrol like crazy :/

It's great for insurance too-very cheap!

I like zafiras though, bet they are great for room too. It was on my list when buying!

We have a vauxhall meriva and have a high backed booster, stage 2 car seat and infant seat in it. We had to downsize our car seats though as the cybex pallas we had originally were too wide to fit 3 seats in.

We can get 3 seats in my mums Renault megane and our ford focus.

Stalking as it's 3 stage 1 seats that's the problem, once one child is in a booster I think most cars will fit 2 baby seats and a boater.

The downside of having 3 under 3/4/5 is none in a booster!

Citroen Picasso will do it :) We had one (briefly...for 4 months before it was repossessed) when we had DD, DS1, and DS2 and it was lovely and spacious.

Now though we have a Fiat Multipla which is a 6 seater (3 in front, 3 in back) and it's awesome.

We have a Picasso C4 grande, so seven seater but the normal Picasso would be great (we looked at it put were/are TTC our fourth so seemed pointless).

I would say Picasso or scenic.. not the zafira because of the cambelt change !!! Yeah of course you could drive one for 150k and it be fine but I think it is suppose to be done every 45k !! And when I was looking at them second hand I often got dumbfounded looks from owners when I asked "when was the belt done" baring in mind these cars had 100k on some of them lmao !!

I drive a nissan almera tino. I haven't tried it with three seats but I imagine three would fit fine :) but its smaller than my oh's scenic.

edit: I mention the belt on the zafira only because I had heard bad things and it was a particular problem I had when looking for a car etc.

I spent months researching this as I have 3 kiddies under 3 and therefore have 3 of the big maxi cosi's (the 9 months -4 years seat). I had to get a Citroen C4 Picasso. It's not my dream car but very family friendly :thumbup:

It's fits all my seats, has a big boot and has loads of hidden storage. Am very happy with it

Toyota verso!! We've had one for 2 years and love it. It's seven seats and roomy but doesn't feel (or look) like a big car. The two rear seats sink into the floor when not in use and you get a lovely big boot then. The three seats in the middle are individual and we have had 3 stage 1 seats across the back (inc DD2's bulky rear facing seat.)

Love it :thumbup:

Congrats! We have a vw passat estate sort of like a polo but huge lol. It's spacious and big boot and they are reliable cars there's just three of us but can imagine it being ideal with more kids xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->