recommend me a good camera please! or those who have a nikon 1

1982emmac

mummy to two under two
Reaction score
I love taking pics of my LOs, never leave without my camera, have a standard nikon coolpix but sometimes it's too slow in taking a picture. By the time it has focused, the opportunity for a good photo has passed.

I need something that takes a picture really quickly.

Anyone got any recommendations?

I've got a Canon EOS 450D and absolutely swear by it. On the expensive side, but depends how much you're going to spend. It's been worth every penny to us as I've used it to take around 90,000 pics in the last 2.5 yrs. Think the new versions are called the 600D. Otherwise the only other compact cameras I'd recommend are the Panasonic Lumix's. There's a magazine I've noticed you can buy in Sainsburys that is solely on cameras and compares models. Otherwise you might find a good comparison website. I know there was a great one I used when I was looking for mine, but unfortunately have forgotten what it was called. Might come up in a google search though. Good luck, xo

I have a Nikon D60 and Nikon D300. I actually prefer the D60 (I've only had the D300 a couple of months though). If you leave it on auto it's just as easy to use as a point and shoot, but with the D60 you do have to look through the view finder (the D300 can be shown on the screen, but it overheats if left for too long that way).

Canon IXUS range are amazing, really easy to use and super quick.

I've got the Canon Photoshot sx130is and i LOVE it!
It's got a 14.1mp camera, 12x optical zoom, automatic settings option, i really like it for a cheap, 'go to' camera!

and Argos (if you're in the UK) have it on offer for £99.99 atm! :) x

At the minute I have a Nikon D5100 and I love it, it takes amazing photos and is so easy to use, it is a beginners DSLR so not difficult at all. Before that I had a Sony a290, which again is an amazing wee camera but I wanted video option (which I have just realised I will probably never use lol) so got the D5100.

I should add I am selling my Sony is you are interested ;)

Ooooh i have been looking for a new camera because my one is doing my head in ATM and i dont think it will last long. Plus i want a really nice one for when baby comes along and Christmas etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->