Recommend me a good lip tint!

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
So..... Ive given up on the Glamour Clinique promotion :cry:

... and now want to get something decent for my lips that is not necessarily a Chubby Stick. Something moisturising, stays on, and decent colour. Kiss-proof too as I tend to plant a lot of squishy kisses on the boys' cheeks at random times :haha:

Any suggestions?
:kiss:

Depending on your budget I can highly recommend Benefits lip and cheek tints.
https://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/category/makeup/lips/stain-tint

I've tried Benetint and Posietint are they're both really lovely.

oooooooooooo you see... I would just assume that was nail varnish by the bottle :rofl: Forgot to mention budget around £15-18. Will be using Boots points though :happydance: and OH doesnt know :haha:

I'm really loving the NYX butter lip balms, they are amazingly moisturising and add a lovely natural colour to the lips. I just bought one of their butter lipsticks today and really like that too. Plus they are cheap :-D Apart from that I've only ever used Mac lipsticks and glosses which I love but don't wear often, only in the evenings and certain days if I'm going somewhere special because I don't like having too much on my lips. That's why I love the butter lip balms, I like to moisturise my lips and also feel the need for a bit of colour, I carry mine in my bag and use it every single day without fail!

Another vote here for benetint/posietint - they're great! I've been using Benefit cha cha tint this summer and I'm loving the colour (mango colour). You can buy a small 4.0 size and it lasts ages, they also have cha cha lip balm which is really moisturising. I got the duo with Bella bamba blush :thumbup:

Another vote here for benetint/posietint - they're great! I've been using Benefit cha cha tint this summer and I'm loving the colour (mango colour). You can buy a small 4.0 size and it lasts ages, they also have cha cha lip balm which is really moisturising. I got the duo with Bella bamba blush :thumbup:

Well they deffo have these in Boots, so might give them a go! :thumbup: if the women on the counters are not too intimidating, they seem to be a bit "In your face" which might scare me off :rofl:

How do you go about choosing a colour? Atm I have a natural tan and mousy blonde short hair (shaved sides). I like the idea of something with a purply tint but not sure I could pull it off?

The kids today have been driving me nuts so might just have a splurge today and get new earrings too :rofl:

Well they deffo have these in Boots, so might give them a go! :thumbup: if the women on the counters are not too intimidating, they seem to be a bit "In your face" which might scare me off :rofl:

How do you go about choosing a colour? Atm I have a natural tan and mousy blonde short hair (shaved sides). I like the idea of something with a purply tint but not sure I could pull it off?

The kids today have been driving me nuts so might just have a splurge today and get new earrings too :rofl:

Don't be intimidated by the counter staff, you're the one spending! They're usually quite nice at the Benefit counter so they can give you advice on what suits you're colouring etc...

And get the earrings too I say :lol:

Soo..... went to Boots, and went to Benefit counter. I saw the Benebalm and thought they were very soft, so told the assistant that, and did she have anything else like a balm but which was less soft/held its colour :shrug: She said not really, and actually suggested Revlon! She was really helpful and said the others who worked there liked the product. This is it:

https://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-ColorBurst-™-Balm-Stain_1208067/

I got Crush, which is a plum colour. Will let you know what I think! :happydance:

That looks really nice, I'll have to check them out!

Ooh they look really nice. Not that I need any more lip glosses...:blush:

I went to the Benefit counter in my local Debenhams and not only did the girl there recognize me (is that a bad thing...?) but when I asked if Benefit had a mascara that was suitable for sensitive eyes (I love their mascara but it makes my eyes itchy :( ) she took me to the Bare Minerals counter and asked the girl there (who also recognized me...I don't even wear that much makeup!) if she could help me.
I ended up going away with a Bare Minerals mascara and lip gloss.
(said mascara is lovely and doesn't make my eyes itchy which is great!)

PS: what kind of earrings did you get :lol:

Ooh they look really nice. Not that I need any more lip glosses...:blush:

I went to the Benefit counter in my local Debenhams and not only did the girl there recognize me (is that a bad thing...?) but when I asked if Benefit had a mascara that was suitable for sensitive eyes (I love their mascara but it makes my eyes itchy :( ) she took me to the Bare Minerals counter and asked the girl there (who also recognized me...I don't even wear that much makeup!) if she could help me.
I ended up going away with a Bare Minerals mascara and lip gloss.
(said mascara is lovely and doesn't make my eyes itchy which is great!)

PS: what kind of earrings did you get :lol:

The earrings.... I was looking for silver drops/hoops so something large and flashy (who knows why :haha: ) and ended up with:
https://media.claires.co.uk/pws/client/images/catalogue/products/12706/zoom/12706.jpg
so not silver or hoops.. but they do drop a bit!..... :rofl:

Ooh they are ace! Love 'em :D
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back