recommendations for a lightweight, rear facing pram please?

littlepurple

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a relatively compact/lightweight pram/pushchair that can be rear facing as well as forward facing. It needs to be easily transportable on a bus and in a smallish car (yaris) and be comfortable from newborn for travelling on a range of terrain and hills. If the basket was a decent size then that would be a bonus, but I'm not getting my hopes up! :)

I'm loving the graco symbiob at the moment, but happy to keep my options open. We're planning on getting the graco car seat, but I'm not precious about it being a travel system for it.

Thanks for your help!

Baby jogger versa or bugaboo bee plus would be compact rf prams but the bee would be terrible for country walks wheels are tiny. Don't think the versa would be much better tbh.
For walking on rough grounds you would really need a all terrain pram something with big air filled tyres Nipper 360, Jane slalom, Mountain buggy urban or terrain or the Bugaboo cameleon with all terrain wheels is quite good but none of these would be very small folded and only the Cameleon is rf and ff facing but folds in 2 peices so not great for small boot or public transport.

We've bought a Joolz Day. Our baby isn't here yet to try it in, but having wheeled it around, put it up and down etc I think that it is really light and easy to fold up. I only have a Clio so I needed something small but comfy, plus I have a dodgy back on occasion so the weight is a big factor for me. Check it out :)

Hope that you find something suitable x

Surprisingly enough my quinny zapp xtra is amazing on terrain, I think it's more the width of the wheels than how small they are as my similar zia is rubbish on terrain. I use the zapp at car shows where it ploughs through mud, grass, dirt & even gravel with very little effort! Dual facing & optional maxi cosi seat, extra large hood means no annoying parasol & the shopping basket is pretty decent considering. Folds up tiny (I keep mine behind the seat on the same side as my toddlers car seat) & lay the seat unit flat in the boot or on partial shelf if boot is full :thumbup: go take a look & see what you think, they are also getting cheaper to buy 2nd hand now, good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->