• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

recovery belt

frustrated11

baby#2 on the way!
Reaction score
THis will be my second c section. My first wasn't an emergency, but not planned either. I labored, then had one. I have been looking at the recovery belts and was going to ask my doctor if he thought they help. I was wondering if anyone has used one, and if so what did you think??

I just keep thinking, after I had my son I could not lay on my side without it feeling like my insides were spilling out. It was the worst sensation ever!! My sister had one 3 weeks later and never flet that way.

I had my section just over 4 weeks ago and had the same sensation. I bought the belt, but never wore it to bed. Once I started to feel better walking around, started driving etc I stopped wearing it. The pain soon went. They are cheap enough from amazon so I thought I would give it ago! If anything it made my tummy appear flatter!! haha

Hi

I have had two c-sections and also have chronic low back problems. I am definitely buying one this time round, mainly to support my back after the re-distribution after birth but hey if it makes me look slimmer then fab!

I work with physios and the only thing they will say is that the belt does not replace your muscles and unless you want to have to work hard at regaining tummy muscles, you should only use belt for part of the day and remember to do your prescribed stomach exercises.

If you don't mind me asking, ScrummyMummy, what brand did you buy from Amazon??

The hopsital gave me an abdominal binder (recovery belt) and at first, I hated it, but then I realized that it did help with that sensation that you referred to. It also helped me lose weight quicker. I bought another one from Amazon.com when the one from the hospital started to get worn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->