Red bumps on breasts

EYD

TTC #2 with new DH
Reaction score
This may be tmi.. but I'm worried about these bumps that have developed on the skin of my breasts, not the nipples. They sometimes itch, and today when I scratched them it seemed to get worse and multiply. I've been EBF for 4 !weeks. Also, when I scratched some of them a little pus has come out. They're almost like a cross between acne and bites. If anyone ha any insight on this I would appreciate it!

Sounds like a clogged Montgomery gland. https://www.mothering.com/community/t/379258/clogged-montgomery-gland-help Does that sound right?

If it's on the areola it's probably montgomery glands.

If it's on the actual skin of the breast away from the nipple area, it's probably just a clogged pore. I sometimes get them when my son is sweaty from playing and/or drools over my breast while we're sleeping. It's like an ingrown hair. I have gotten them twice, one on each breast. They usually go away, try not to pick at them or they take longer to heal. If you see a white head and it feels like it will pop, clean the area around it first (like after a shower) and with clean hands see if it pops. Add some antibiotic ointment to prevent infections and make sure your child cannot get any of it in their mouth. Just keep the breast clean. Also, if you wear sports bras and don't change after a work out, it's likely to happen (clogged pore).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->