red meat?

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
when did you introduce it and how? katie's only had chicken so far, but i'm worried about putting off red meat for too long now!

i was thinking of doing a cottage pie tonight and giving her some - more potatoes and veg than cottage pie. is beef the best first red meat to give??

i was going to give her a strip of cold roast beef that i was having the other day, but my mum shouted at me :dohh:

Oliver has had all meats already! I just gave him small amunts to start with. He really enjoys it and has had no problems! He chews on beef, steak, loves bolognaise.
Why did she shout at you?

They say not to until a certain age but then if you look at jars, they contain red meat from 4 months onwards so I'd say you'll be fine to give it her. Ollie has been having it a while now x

I gave her cottage pie and she looked at me like :sick: :rofl:

I'm a happy veggie coz that's the big one for me....I'd much rather she didnt eat it so I was :yipee: when she turned her nose up!!

:muaha:

i have given Annabelle red meat from about 6 months, since i have give her pasta she has had bolognese and i have also given her cottage pie too

Lou
xxx

well she's had spag bol with chicken before, rather than beef. think i'll try it tonight - forgot to get some mince when i was out before :dohh:

kat - not sure why she shouted, i think she didnt think she could eat it, even tho i knew perfectly well she could!

I didn't introduce meat to Landon until about 9-10mo, Casen I think was just a bit younger maybe 8mo and Hayden was older since he didn't eat anything then. I did chicken first and then beef, they did fine with both, Landon wasn't big on meat for years but now he eats it. If you think she's ready I'd do the spaghetti since you know it's something she likes just with the beef this time like you were saying. Good luck, hope she likes it!

I think I will introduce it right away to Helena, I have only given her chicken so far. I usually give her eggs for protein. She seems to be a little veggie lol, which is weird because we both eat meat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->