reduced movement :( little update p.2

sally88

Reaction score
Do I worry??
I hope you don't mind me posting here ladies as I'm close to the third trimester ...
The last two days I have felt my baby move but only little nudges, I usually have a very active little one and I feel him roll about all over the place. Is it normal to feel less at this stage? I dont want to cause a bother with the midwife because I am feeling movements there just not as strong xx
Thanks ladies xx

If you have any concerns, call your midwife. You are not bothering them xx

Call your midwife we have been monitored twice for reduced movement at 25 weeks and 30 weeks. At 25 weeks they just used the doppler. Baby shouldn't be moving less at any stage. The quiet days we had at 25 and 30 weeks both coincided with big growth spurts for us, baby moved from 50th centile to 70th to 90th centile (first two measurements were scans, last by fundal height). It will probably be something similar for you but it doesn't hurt to call and ease your mind.

Get yourself checked out, better to be safe than sorry. I've been in twice & both times the midwifes said I did the right thing in getting checked x

Thanks ladies, I think I will give it until late afternoon and if he still isn't very active I will give them a call xx

Eat a big meal..after an hr find a quiet place. .Lay on your left ..lights dim and put your hands on tummy..if counts less than 10 in 1h our call your midwife...my baby has slow and active days..sometimes I just feel he is kicking..some days rolling changing positions other days few knocks that I wouldn't feel if I didn't put my hand...one think that they don't like is if you rub icecube on your tummy...they quickly shift position...
regardless try to stay calm...Baby is fine and is having a lazy day:)
as they get bigger and they are crammed in Tiny space...their movement feels diff maybe not as strong...also try to learn your baby pattern...does music make him move? Does he seem to move more at nighy vs day...pick a time of day and monitor movements than..

I've been monitored a couple of times for reduced movement. Last week we found out baby has the cord around her neck. She is OK, but I'm being closely monitored and they bumped up my c-section to tomorrow.

Never worry about "bugging" midwives/doctors/nurses. It's their job, and even if they are moody or give attitude it probably has nothing to do with you.

If you drink some cold water/juice and lie down for a bit and still don't feel anything or not as much after an hour please go in to get checked :hugs:

Get checked if you're still worried, always better to put your mind at ease instead of stressing or worrying about it! At around that time I went through the same thing because he was always so active at night and there was a period of about 2-3 days where I couldn't feel him much. I talked to my doctor and he said it was normal, and most attributed it to him being tired because of a growth spurt or just being in a position where you couldn't feel their movements/kicks. Hope he's back to his normal routine soon!

Thanks ladies your all so fab! I am at work so laying on my side and waiting for movements can't happen right now, might make an excuse and go as early as possible today. I have felt little nudges all day and one stronger random movement it's just not as much as normal. Pregnancy is so stressful!!

Yes, agree with the other ladies. My MW was saying to me today how important it is to always get reduced movement checked out. I got checked for it at 33 weeks as baby had a really quiet day and everything was fine, but she stressed that I should always call if I'm worried, even if I've already been seen the day before! Usually it's nothing serious but it can mean baby is in distress. When I woke up the other morning I didn't feel baby at all for about half an hour and I was panicking, but I drank a can of coke and lay on my side and that got her going!

At 26 weeks I had reduced movement, it lasted the entire day so I called my assessment unit and my hospital and they asked me to go get a cold, sweet drink, lay in a quiet area and drink the drink then lay still for an hour. If I felt less than 6 movements, to come in. Well, when hubby came back from getting me a drink I went to pee and there was some spotting.

I ran in to assessment asap and was put on a monitor, everything was fine! Turns out the spotting was from sex 2 days before. I told them I felt soooo stupid but they absolutely reassured me I did the right thing, and to please always come back. :hugs:

I'd go to your maternity assessment centre at hospital to get checked. better safe than sorry

Well just got home from work, have a cold drink and laying on my side, will see what happens in the next hr xx

Well after laying here for just over half hr he has woken a bit. Felt a few little kicks whilst on my left side but as soon as I just moved on to my back I can see him moving and feel him rolling about all over the place for the last five minutes.... Bought a tear to my eye!! I guess he has been being a little lazy :) he is going for it now xx

I'm seeing midwife for routine appointment Wednesday but if he goes quiet again I think I will call them anyway. Don't no what I would do without you amazing ladies!!
Soooo wish the next twelve weeks fly by I just want him here now :)

I think the baby's position can play a big role in this as well. From weeks ~20-24ish, my baby's movements were crazy powerful--like they took my breath away and made me gasp. She was generally kicking/punching outward, and it was really dramatic. But then she seemed to shift positions and for the past few weeks is facing more down/inward, so while I can still feel her kicking and punching away, they're much softer/gentler sensations than they were before. Had a midwife appointment this morning, and she was wiggling all over the place as they listened to her heart-rate, so she's still clearly an active baby, but I am experiencing it differently than I did earlier on.

Really glad he started moving for you. It's such a worry when they go quiet! x

With my lb I had reduced movements it scared the he'll out of me, was told by friends and professionals they start to get more of a sleeping pattern and was away of the baby preserving energy to grow. I'd still hear from a professional it always put me at ease to hear someone who knows what their doing tell you the facts before u actually believe them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->