Reflexology - sharp pain/itch in right foot

bozzy

Reaction score
I've been suffering with a sharp pain on the inside of my right foot for much of today, just on the inside of my heel. It's really strange and seems to be relieved by scratching it.

So, although I've had no experience of reflexology, as some fellow Mum's were talking about it the other day I thought I'd just google to see what this area of my foot relates to. So having searched, it seems it's to do with pelvis/uterus. Anyone have any experience/knowledge of reflexology? Why would I be getting this pain? I'm now panicking that it's because there's a problem, I'm 8 weeks.

Pain in the heel and inner arch of the foot is also associated with plantar fascitis and other issues with ligaments and soft tissues stretching in the ankle/heel/foot. I would actually reason a guess that it's the pregnancy hormones which are causing your tissues to stretch and that's causing the pain. Some people even get flat feet in pregnancy, which can cause pain too. Itching is also a neurological response, so sometimes when nerves are being triggered, you experience it as itching rather than pain. It could just be one of those weird things. Apart from that, from the perspective of reflexology, your uterus is doing a lot of work right now, as are your soft tissues in your pelvis, so I wouldn't think it would be that surprising you might experience that discomfort in your foot. I wouldn't assume it's necessary a sign anything would be wrong, but I'm not a reflexologist. I know when we did reflexology for labour, the points where in the ankle though, and working on them really did do something to my uterus (it started to buzz and vibrate, really strange, and my daughter started to move around a lot).

Thanks so much for your response.

It's definitely not plantar fasciitis (my Mum and a friend suffer with this).
Very strangely I started cramping and then bleeding the following day so I definitely think it was a sign something wasn't quite right. Don't know the outcome yet as the hospital can't fit me in for a scan until Tuesday but I'm just keeping my fingers and toes tightly crossed that it's a positive outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->