Reflux and Diet Change

jbell157

Reaction score
About how long did it take for your lo's reflux to go away or get much better after a diet change?

I'm pretty sure my little guy has silent reflux. He has a lot of the symptoms. I have cut dairy out of my diet and it seemed to get so much better but ate some soy cheese pizza 3 days ago. It got worse again. So now I'm thinking no dairy and no soy at all. I just can't stand for him to hurt.

I think it was about 2 weeks for us, though it was a gradual process. Soy caused issues for us too. We had to give her Zantac as well, but the diet changes were the most important thing. Now, at 7.5 months we have just stopped the Zantac. I'm probably going to wait another month before I try dairy again. Last time I tried (just a little butter) was when she was 5 months old and it was bad for about 4 days.

We gave him some zantac today but I'm hoping we won't need it if I cut out those two things.

How did you get her to take the zantac? Its so nasty he gags on it.

I think the first 2 months she spit out most of the Zantac. It does taste horrible. It's even worse if they add flavoring to it, though. I just kept trying. We'd go very slowly- a little tiny bit at a time. I would syringe it towards the inside of her cheek as far back as I could, a little at a time. I won't lie, it was tough to get her to take it, but it did get easier as she got used to it.

I quit citrus fruit and reduced caffeine right down and it's dramatically improved. Next stop is dairy. Iit was within days I noticed a difference.

Pretty much a high alkaline diet improved everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->