Reflux/spit up/ gas issues

Ashley1021

Pregnant with my first!
Reaction score
My ds is 16 days old, and we started reflux meds on Tuesday. He spits up, but swallows it and would scream in pain, arch his back and stiffen out. He had an episode at the doctors and she said it looked like reflux. Since starting the meds it doesn't seem to bug him when he spits up and swallows it, no screaming or anything. My question is with his formula. I didn't make as much milk as expected and was completely dried up by 1 1/2 weeks. He's now on full time formula, similac advanced.

He has such painful gas, and really struggles to poop. He tries all day and pushes in pain. He finally poops in the evening and seems a little better.

I feed him upright, burp after every ounce, he sleeps at an incline, we've tried gas drops nothing seems to help. My older ds was on a specia kind of formula for tummy troubles, I'm just wondering if I should make the switch or will he adjust etc?

Have any of you experienced this?

His poop is yellow-brown and the consistency of I would say thinner peanut butter, so I don't think he's constipated. I just feel so bad for him!

Ds1 had bad reflux and was on all kinds of medication for it but he never had issues with pooping apart from his were slightly green. His reflux symptoms were the same though with arching back, screaming and stiffening out. Im wondering if your LO has some kind of intolerance, I'm not an expert with cmpi but it may be worth looking into. I think I would try a new formula, I think gp may be able to help with this, if not HV should offer some advice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->