reflux

alex_22

Reaction score
My dd is fussing at most feeds, screaming as if in pain whenever I lay her flat, being sick a tiny tiny bit after most feeds which until last week she never ever done (she's 11 weeks) pumping a lot slavering, chewing and spotting like a teething baby (tried ambesol and it doesn't make it any better so I don't think it's teething) I'm 99% sure she has reflux but she's in a pavlik harness and I'm worried that when I take her to the doctors they're going to fob me off with that excuse

I'd just like to know if anyone else thinks her symptoms are pointing towards reflux, it isn't colic she had colic issues when she was a few weeks old and that seemed to have settled right down a while ago I've done a bit of searching and a few people (even though they think there's no link at all) are having reflux issues while in a pavlik harness, fingers crossed the doctors listen and I manage to get her on some gaviscon soon x

Hi Alex
I am not formula feeding but breastfeeding but I'm having very similar issues. My DD is in a pavlik too since she was 6 days old. She's 22 days old now. And to me she has definite signs of silent reflux. She fusses all the time. Seems to be in pain for bowel movements. Seems to pull a face when she seems to get some reflux. Spits up a little, hiccups all the time. Gags etc. When I asked the dr she didn't link it to pavlik but to her age saying it's just her tummy adjusting etc and won't give her anything for it! But she's definitely more unsettled with the harness on but I don't have much to compare it to as she's had it on majority of the time.
When did your dd have it put on? I hope you get some answers/relief.

is she arching her back when shes crying hun? it definitely sounds like silent reflux to me poor baby. It take her back and demand to try something before it gets worse and her weight starts to suffer.

my eldest had bad reflux but they wouldnt do anything till he dropped a couple centiles on his chart xx

Wishingforbub I definitely put it down to the harness well I put it getting bad down to the harness I was breastfeeding for 8 weeks and stopped thinking I had low supply when every single feed my baby would fuss pull cry scream it was horrendous (I was managing to pump 4oz just fine) and I imagine baby would pull more than that through, changed her to aptamil and she was the same fussing crying ect I put it down to her not liking the formula with breastmilk changing taste I figured the aptamil wasnt suiting her so changed her to cow and gate for her to be exactly the same, i could kick myself for giving up on feeding her if only I knew it was reflux :( I really wanted it to work but I honestly think I was close to PND through all the stress from it

Sethsmummy I got a doctor to give me a ring and got gaviscon straight away I'm still gobsmacked she's so much more content now and only has her usual hour tantrum at half 11 (the time I need to get ds ready for nursery it's so much fun NOT) but other than that I'm so pleased with how well she is doing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->