Reflux?

S

Sam9kids

Hiya girls

Well Jenson is a weeks old today!:happydance: but we have been told he has reflux so hes on added gaviscon to his feeds.

Now hes been on 21mls every 2 hours for nearly 3 days but his bradys and desats seem to be getting worse so they may have to reduce his feeds, put a drip back up and start building up the milk again.

I know its a really common thing and ive been told that he will just grow out of it, but i wanted to ask if anybody wanted to shares their experiences

Thanks xx:flower:

hi hun,

my last baby was a 33 weeker and had reflux until she was 4!!!! it became so normal to her that she would be sick on her plate and then sigh and say ' oh mummy i need a new dinner' lol

she was on meds but it didnt stop her being sick after almost every meal, she was such a good eater she managed to gain weight at a good rate although is small on the 5th centile still

about a year ago it gradully got less and now she is 5 and only when she is a little poorly does she get it now

i hope Jenson doesnt have an on going problem with it and the plan of reducing and then increaseing feeds works well for him

how much is he weighing now? how are you feeling? x

Hadyn had reflux and it was a pain but we got used to taking changes of clothes for everyone every day :dohh: .. we used to use the thicker (cow and gate 'comfort') formula which helped (we also got this on prescription from the doc so it dsidnt cost anything)
as soon as he went on to solids though he was ok and he is still a small child (he's 19 months but is 22lbs) heis by now means 'thin' or 'skinny'
Hope this helpsand Jensen keeps putting on weight xx

Thanks girls.

Well they virtually all but stopped his feeds and put the drip back up.

They then started on 2mls every 2 hours then it went up to 3mls. Considering he was on 21mls every 2 hours its heartbreaking watching him scream for food. But the docs are happy with him so they are increasing his feed again today.

If his bloods come back clear today then that will mean that its unlikely hes got an infection.

Im feeling a bit down over it, but hes getting there slowly xx

Hi Sam,

I am going through exactly the same thing with my preemie born at 30 weeks 5 days on March 31st. They have him on a drip and 4ml of milk every 3 hours but he's not digesting it well and he's getting reflux. He tries to pull his tube out all the time and it breaks my heart :( He is only 3 days old so I know it's very early. He is breathing without any help but he has bouts of apnea now and then. I still haven't gotten to hold him yet and won't be able to until his tubes are all out. How long was it before you could hold Jensen?

Hope you are both doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->