registering baby

T

tinytoes

I started looking into what i'd need to regsiter baby and because I'm an ex-pat it makes things a bit more complicated. Plus the fact that I and DB arent married.
Plus the fact I'll give birth over the boarder in another country to the one I live in!!

We've got to get all sorts of official documents together and reorder birth certificates for ourselves and all sorts.

Might be worth just checking what you need? If like me you're at all complicated?!

I'm a US citizen with permanent residency in Canada, Stan's Canadian. It won't really be a problem registering her as a Canadian citizen, but we will have to go to the US embassy here to fill out the paperwork to get her US citizenship so she'll carry both country's citizenship. Also have to get a passport for here ASAP so that we can go visit my family in Texas.

I think it's pretty easy in the UK.. as far as i know if bumps dad wants to be on the certificate, he has to be there when we register it.

Same here.Baby's dad has to be there to sign it because we're not married...

I'm in Costa Rica but we're Canadian citizens. Apparently registering the baby here for the birth certificate isn't too difficult but we have to wait for the birth certificate to come in before we can apply for a passport & cannot travel without the passport. That is supposed to all take a minimum of 3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->