Regret Buys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

Mummy to 2 xx
Reaction score
Has anyone bought any presents that they wish they hadn't yet?

I have got 2 ~ Trackmaster Thomas Avalanche set and the My Little Pony Kingdom playset. The reviews are very mixed for both. They are both very flimsy and do not rate well at all. In total both cost me £53. I can't return either as I have gone past the 28 days returns policy :dohh:

My wee one has the avalanche set and loves it 😊 it's a big track for the money

My wee one has the avalanche set and loves it 😊 it's a big track for the money

That is good to know, how old is your little one? My DS will be 3 and this is his first Trackmaster set, I keep reading reviews that the new sets are very flimsy compared to the old. I am worried he will be disappointed and keep thinking I should have got a take and play set

My wee one is a big Thomas fan and has lots. The track isn't as strong as the old one but still does the job. My wee one will be 4 on Thurs. It's a big track for the money if you got a good deal on it. The take and play sets are also good. I don't think your wee one will be disappointed x

I'm sure your little one will love the set, although I have no experience with the new sets myself. Nothing seems as sturdy as it used to be these days.

I don't have any regret buys atm but I've been very careful this year so far. Usually I'd get excited and snap it up, but I've been holding off buying too early this time and don't have a whole lot of stuff yet so not had the chance to regret it LOL

I've mostly curbed my impluse buying this year so no regrets *yet*. Theres a load of things I've bought to put away for birthdays though, but I'd have bought them anyway.

All you can do is give them a go, if you really don't want them try facebook selling pages, I'm sure you'd get your money back :flower:

theres a couple of things i've bought that i think are a bit pointless but i can give these to other people so it's not a big deal lol!

For the first time ever I have no regret buys, yet!

I am not going overboard this year due to lack of space so I have thought carefully about presents and I'm rather proud of myself xx

Thanks all.

I have tried to be careful about what I buy this year but these two things were new out when I bought them, I should have waited longer to check the reviews etc. lesson learnt for next year. I think we will go ahead and give the Trackmaster set to my DS and my auntie has said she would take the MLP Kingdom from me as I got it for a fab price :)

I have got 2 ~ Trackmaster Thomas Avalanche set and the My Little Pony Kingdom playset. The reviews are very mixed for both. They are both very flimsy and do not rate well at all. In total both cost me £53. I can't return either as I have gone past the 28 days returns policy :dohh:

I've taken things back beyond the return policy, and just explained it was a gift without a gift receipt. They give me store credit for the price its currently listed at.

I've taken things back beyond the return policy, and just explained it was a gift without a gift receipt. They give me store credit for the price its currently listed at.

I did try this but I ordered it with Amazon, I submitted that it was a gift too but it said it was too late for returns. Maybe I should try emailing them to ask

I did try this but I ordered it with Amazon, I submitted that it was a gift too but it said it was too late for returns. Maybe I should try emailing them to ask

If its something sold in a store too, just take it to a store and return it with explanation of gift without gift receipt. They don't care, they'll sell it this holiday season. Walmart and Toysrus are both really good for returns with toys, I've never had an issue returning a toy to either place, regardless if that's where the toy came from. If they sell the toy, they'll take it.

ETA: you'll likely get store credit for it at those places, though, so as long as you have other things to get at those places in place of those toys, no prob.

Thank you. Amazon have emailed me and they will let me return to the Trackmaster Thomas set and they will send me a gift certificate, really pleased with that :)

I bought light sabres in sainsburys but have already returned them for a refund. I was just being greedy buying them because I had seen a glitch on them...My boys already have light sabres!

I also have a set of wooden blocks from sainsburys which I'm undecided on- husband doesn't like them.

Thank you. Amazon have email me that they will let me return to the Trackmaster thomas set and they will send me a gift certificate, really pleased with that :)

Oh good! bet that's a relief!

I am really impressed with Amazon as I ordered the set at the end of August so they did not need to refund me. In future I will wait for the reviews before buying new toys!

Lots of regret buys last year but none this year as I'm being very careful. So far I've only got 3 things for Colin really need to get a move on.

No regrets as such, I am not impressed with William's Kidizoom camera. I think he will love it though. He literally just wants to follow people round the house yelling 'smile' at them and have the flash go off. He doesn't really understand or care about the photos produced (he is autistic). He will like the extra buttons/games although he wont be able to properly play them.

So it will be a hit with him, I just think it is over priced for the reduced price I paid for it and generally crap.

I am worried he will loose interest in his Smart Snacks Ice Cream set and his Playmobil bus quickly but that is a risk with all toys for him. He generally prefers things that make noise but I don't want to only buy him electronic toys so I try and find a balance and expand his play.

I am mostly confident with Thomas' presents. I get the odd worry with them but not too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"