Regular braxton hicks at 26 weeks?

rachieroo

2 Girls, 1 boy, 2 pmps.
Reaction score
I'm 26+3 with baby number 3.

I've been having tightenings for the past few hours, I went for a walk which didn't stop it and I've started timing them just out of curiosity. They are just under 5 minutes apart and lasting 1 minute on average. They aren't painful just uncomfortable. I have got lower back pain too.

Does this sound normal as I never had braxton hicks with my girls (or at least that I can remember)

Braxton hicks are not regular, they come randomly at 7 minutes then 5 them 9 then 3 kinda way from what i remember the main difference is they are not painful mine where uncomfy but not ouchy, they happen at random times and they dont get closer together!

hope your feeling better x

With mine they were all regular and painful.. my last baby they were so close that at 30 weeks I was contracting every minute but wasn't changing my cervix

Thank you. I'm in the hospital and have been regularly contracting. The dr is seeing to an emergency so may see them in the next few hours. They want to rule out preterm labour so we will see

Oh wow. Fingers crossed that everything is okay. :hugs:

I was going to suggest checking with your doctor. Hoping everything turns out OK!

Thank you everyone. They did a fetal fibronectin test and ruled out labour starting in the next 2 weeks which is good. I have a urine infection and they think it's triggering get the contractions so I think we'll get that sorted and then I can go home! Xx

Yea I'm pretty sure it's the UTI..

Glad it's nothing more serious. Hope you feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->