Reintroducing breastfeeding after bottles

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
So my LO is almost two weeks old. A few days after he was born, we discovered that he was tongue tied and by 5 days old, it was having a pretty severe impact on breastfeeding. I decided to pump and give LO bottles since he was jaundiced and I wanted to make sure he was eating enough to help clear it up, which he didn't seem able to due with nursing.

We finally got an appointment to get his tongue tie corrected; it'll be on Tuesday when he's two weeks old. I am really hoping that we will be able to go back to nursing after that. However, I'm a bit worried about it since I know that drinking from bottles is a lot less work for him than nursing. Will it be likely to be difficult to switch back even though he's only had bottles for about a week? If so, is there anything I can do to make it an easier transition?

I tried and it was too hard and i wasnt patient so i stopped. It was the flow, my baby noticed it wasnt coming out fast enough so she would refuse the breast and cry. Good luck i hope u find it easy. :)

I recommend researching paced bottle feeding. He might fuss at first, but I believe it'll help to transition back to the breast more easily.

My first is a preemie and she got addicted to bottles from being in the NICU. What I did when she came home was constantly offer the breast first. If she didn't take after a lil bit I would give her a bottle. I also used a nipple shield to help with the transition. Gradually she started to prefer the breast more and more. After 3 weeks she was EBT :). Good luck Mama!!

Also when you do feed him the bottle hold it so the milk is flat. That way he has to work a lil to get his milk like he would with a boob. Just Google the proper way to feed a breastfed baby a bottle. You should find a lot of info on it. It was almost two years ago for me so I don't remember the details on how to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->