Rejected!!

Celesse

Reaction score
Past 2 nights DS has decided to go to bed without nursing. He's still keen to nurse in the morning. We told him "go get in mummy's bed if you want a boobie, or go get into Theo's cot if you want to go sleeps". Off he took himself to bed!! :cry:

In fairness though, there's pretty much no milk there at the moment so he probably can't see the point. If the colostrum doesn't come in soon I reckon he'll be weaning.

there was another thread from a long term bfeeder who's lo weaned, I'm not looking forward to it when it happens but know that it shows lo is growing up and becoming more their own person which is amazing.

I worry about how Violet will react to breastmilk changes when I (hopefully) get pregnant this summer.

I'm the other longterm BFer whose LO has (probably) just weaned :)

I don't think for us it's 100% pregnancy related (although it may have hastened things by a few weeks), as I know DS BFed through my last pregnancy happily, and I was certainly dry nursing him through portions of that. He's quite a sucky child, though, so I don't think lack of milk affected him so much (given he happily sucks his thumb, and he certainly doesn't get milk from there!)

He might always pick it up again in a few days or weeks - if you keep offering, then the worst he can say is 'no'. It wouldn't surprise me if DS asks to try again once this one is born, and I'd happily let him. Whether he'd pick it back up or just try it once and be content with that, I have no idea.

It's a strange feeling - that of not being 'needed' in that way anymore. In many ways it's liberating, but in other ways it's like the end of an era!

Fingers crossed he comes back to it if you're not really ready for complete weaning yet x

He's still having his morning nursing session, or at least he is if he's up first and there's nothing going on to distract him.

There's probably a lot of advantage to him weaning now and not tandem nursing again. DD will be there for him to play with so it won't be like when it was just the 2 of them. He's just so much younger than DD was when she stopped!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->