relactating help!

thayet

Reaction score
Hi all - so here's the backstory:

I breastfed LO until about six weeks. We had latch issues at the beginning and he damaged my nipples terribly. I also had a yeast infection and Reynaud's. He has no tongue or lip tie but is a big baby (9lbs 1oz at birth) and has quite an appetite. We were on the shield until I finally quit trying to nurse him due to the pain.

My nipples have finally healed, and I have been pumping for him this whole time. Not exclusively, but my supply seems to have increased over the last week or so.

Has anyone had any success in relactating a baby at this stage, after 3 weeks of no feeding from the breast? Any help would be appreciated!

it's definitely possible! it'll take work and lots of feeding/pumping but you can do it if it's important to you.
look into taking a supplement, I used fenugreek powder but there are other things to try too.
Put baby to breast as much as possible, even if they take very little to start with, you're getting them used to being on the breast again.
the hormone that makes your milk, prolactin, is highest between 12-4 at night so be sure to feed/pump during this time to help stimulate your supply.
check this link https://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/relactation/
Good luck, and come back for support if you need it.

it's definitely possible! it'll take work and lots of feeding/pumping but you can do it if it's important to you.
look into taking a supplement, I used fenugreek powder but there are other things to try too.
Put baby to breast as much as possible, even if they take very little to start with, you're getting them used to being on the breast again.
the hormone that makes your milk, prolactin, is highest between 12-4 at night so be sure to feed/pump during this time to help stimulate your supply.
check this link https://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/relactation/
Good luck, and come back for support if you need it.

So LO will NOT latch on at all.. seems I've waited too long to try again. I can't blame him, poor thing, three weeks is an eternity for an infant. He probably doesn't even remember nursing at this point.

Has anyone on here actually managed to relactate successfully?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->