"Relax" grrrr

fairy1984

Reaction score
hi,

basically, anyone that I have told about us TTC has advised me to "relax". everyone from the dr to my mum to someone at work (who I had to tell for employment reasons).

anyway this annoys me and if anything, makes me less relaxed. grrr!

but I have been trying to make more time for myself and cut down on some hectic social plans to relax a bit more. i'm going to reflexology and taking baths with candles and relaxing music at night etc

just wondered what everyone else was doing to try and relax a bit more?

My OH doesnt want us to start the Clomid until i'm chilled out a bit more as he thinks we'll "waste" a month if i'm all het up about it....I see his point but I want to use these tablets NOW!

OH DEAR GOD, seriously the next person to tell me to relax will get headbutted!!!!!!!
that is the worse thing to be told isnt it???

it absolutly is the worst thing.

It's like they think I can just switch a button inside me that says "Relax" and i'll get pregnant without needing the drugs etc.

:dohh:

that has to be the worst saying along with your time will come.. it should be banned from saying..

:hug:

Its so hard to relax!!!!
I used to hate it when people used to tell me to relax- how do you relax?!?
On my first cycle of clomid, i was on holiday - hey presto!

Oh crumbs I am with Hays on this one. It is soooo dam irritating when people say 'just relax it will happen'...... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. No no it wont happen cause we weren't even trying (OPKs, Clomid etc) for the first year and said we will let nature take it's course and nothing happend..... so relaxing is not the answer for everyone. I am proof of that.

Good luck though. If I were you I would just get cracking with the Clomid.

:hugs:

I have gotten to be a real smartass when people tell me stupid stuff like that. I usually respond with something really sarcastic, like "Wow I never thought of that. Guess I spent all this money on fertility treatments for nothing!"

:hug:

Totally agree with you ladies, being told to relax about ttc just makes me want to :gun:

One colleague said to me last week "it'll happen when the time's right", like what??!! :hissy: Cos we'd really have been trying for nearly two years if the timing was wrong for us!!!

Yep, I've had those moments! I try to ignore it but I've had to resist the urge to snap a few times. The worst is my mum, who is such a kind and caring person, but when she says "just relax and it will happen" I have to bite my tongue. We started otu with the 'let's see what happens' method, and now it's looking likely we have problems, I don't think any degree of relaxing will help!!!!

:hug: to all you long-term TTCer's

Agree agree agree!!!!!! I reckon I am actually a pretty chilled out relaxed kinda person 8) and spent one year of ttc just going with the flow and enjoying lots of :sex: but by the second year, you can't help but think about it constantly...I reckon all them "relax and it will happen" people should walk a mile in our shoes and then see how they feel!!!! relax my arse!

The worst thing about is, more people tell you to relax, more you are watching yourself whether you are actually relaxed. You start to believe that this is all because you are not relaxed. And you go: Am i relaxed now? am i relaxed enough? What can i do to relax? After a while you start to believe it is all your fault because you are doing this all to yourself! I stopped worrying about whether i am relaxed or not. I totally ignore this people now. What the hell do they know??? When i feel mad, i scream, when I feel i need to cry, I cry. as soon as you let this feelings out, you calm down a bit and perhaps "relax". Oh, and I treat myself now a LOT! I no more care so much what people might think. The most important is what I think and how I feel.

I'm with you all on this one. I have been told to relax by my GP at each and every appointment I have had with him, and also by the gynae registrar at the hospital, who told me not to be regimented!! If we weren't regimented we wouldn't stand a chance of getting pregnant!! These people are just so annoying, and I am sure they are people who have never experienced infertility personally. Its just another thing they reel off thoughtlessly to every one of us who is ttc but having no joy. Grrr!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->