Relief for bleeding stretch marks??

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
I'm so itchy nothing is helping. I keep slathering on lotion probably every hour or so. These stretch marks have gotten so bad it looks like Ive been mawled by a tiger! On top of that they started to burst open and bleed today.

Does anyone have some kind of tip or trick to stop the itching? And please don't say stop scratching, Ive been trying not to!

Try avoiding hot water on the area, use cool water, and then use some antihistamine cream or even neosporin while the skin is still moist. Or even cocoa butter. Hope I helped!

I doubt ypu cn stop the bleed at the point but use some type of oil on it right out of the shower.. Doesnt matter much which kind.. Coconut, olive, advocado, vitamin e... Id o it a couple times a day.. Just becareful because it will ruin your clothes so have something on you ont care about

Thanks ladies! It's not gushing blood by any means but it does look like an open sore in a few spots. I'll have to run out tomorrow for some natural oils and creams. Thanks again! :)

Yeah maybe even baby oil right out of the shower before you dry off. I use that sometimes when I have dry skin in the winter. Hope you get some relief soon!

Try to avoid lotions with petrolatum, they tend to make things worse in the long run.. Mineral oil too, though it can be nice when you first put it on.. Definitely agree with the natural oil, especially before showering, I love coconut oil especially!

Oh my goodness so sorry you dealing with that sounds so ichy and annoying!! They have a gel form of baby oil that you can lathEr on at the end of your shower and even let some water run on it to get the stickiness of it off, it helped a lot with the iching during my first pregnancy when my stretch marks were fresh lol

St Ives has a couple of lotions that I really like that are paraben free and mineral oil free. There's an oatmeal and shea butter one (I think) that I use daily on my back and bump!

Baby oil is just mineral oil ... don't use it (on you or your baby)... it feels nice at first, but mineral oil just dries your skin out even worse as you keep using it. If you want an oil, go for coconut oil or even just plain olive oil or grapeseed oil.

If you are using any creams, read the ingredients and make sure they don't have the mineral oil in them.

Raw shea butter is nice too. It takes a while to soak into your skin, but it feels nice. You can make a 50/50 concoction with coconut oil - melt the two in a pan on the stove, then stick in the fridge to harden, then beat it with a mixer until soft and fluffy. Feels just like lotion, only there's no question about what is in it! :thumbup:

Shower as infrequently as you can, and take cool showers. Cold water is not as drying as hot water. I also don't use any soaps on my dry skin areas.

And, of course, keep yourself hydrated. Drinking more water should help :thumbup:

I have to keep my fingernails cut all the way off in the winter, or I scratch until I bleed in my sleep. I can stop scratching during the day when I'm awake, but at night I apparently claw myself open (or attempt to). I feel your pain :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->