Relief from Gallstone pain?!!

steph1505

Reaction score
I know there is a thread on gallstones on here but I cant find it!

Ive got suspected gallstones (basically my doctor says I have but have an ultrasound on Monday to confirm)

I had a very bad 'attack' last nite that lasted 5 hours and when I woke up this morning I still have lingering pain!

Does anyone have any recommendation of what took your pain away?! I have anti-acid tablets and strong painkillers but they're not working!! I also have a bean bag that I put in the microwave to heat it up...but my microwave broke last week! Aaaahh!!

Anything u suggest would be GREATLY appreciated!!

xxxxxx

Really sorry but i have not found any way to relieve the pain :( I'm waiting for my op and in the mean time take painkillers when pain comes on. I have painkillers and antispasmodics which both help and diclofenic suppositaries when its really bad x

Thanks so much for getting back to me!! Tbh, I didnt think there was a magical answer, I just really hoped there was!! Its soooo sore isnt it?! I really would take labour any day! Can I ask, how long are u having to wait for the operation?! x x x

Well my gallstones were confirmed when i had a ride in an ambulance when Imi was 4 weeks old (end of Sep). Have had pre op and am told op should be early new year so any time now! Just waiting on my letter x

I used to sit by our gas fireplace with my back facing it (constant heat), take paracetomol and ibuprofen and have a hot juice. Dont ask me why but it made me feel slightly better, obviosly didnt get rid of the pain but the fireplace was amazing!

The doctor prescribed me co codomol for the pain after a few weeks (he didnt believe I had gallstones because I was 19 at the time)

My gallbladder was taken out about 4 years ago now

Thanks so much! I never thought of a hot drink!! I'll try that next time I have an attack!!

x x x

A few things that sometimes worked for me were a hot bath,sounds weird and you look like a wally but swinging off the door frame and moving around can sometimes shift things and ease the pain,something warm or cold on the pain,warm drink and painkillers.Sometimes buscopan helped too to ease the painful spasms.

Thanks so much! I never thought of a hot drink!! I'll try that next time I have an attack!!

x x x

Yeah, I had juice and not tea though because I think the fat in the milk can irrtate it even more xx

yep buscapan and heavy duty painn relief!!
also the heat is a good thing
i had mine out in july 2 weeks after my c section with alfie and still get the pains now!!!!!:(
being checked at the hospital to see what it is, but they havnt found anything yet!

I was being treated for gallstones before (turned out it wasn't them in the end) and I was put on a medication called paramax. It is basically paracetamol and maxalon in the one tablet. The paracetamol helps with the pain and the maxalon relaxes the bilary duct helping the stones to move back in. Something about the 2 together in the one tablet increases how effective the other was. Then was given Difene 3 times a day on top of it.

Eating a v low fat diet helps. Avoid chocolate, spicey food, fried food. Eat very plain diet and in very small amounts.

One person told me all she could eat while she was waiting for her operation was cornflakes and milk.

the lucky bugger i was nil by mouth!!!:(
my amylase levels where 1300 (normal is around 230)
yep low fat helps and deffo no spicy stuff

Thanks so much for all the recommendations! It was confirmed yesterday that I do defo have gallstones so I am gonna demand pain relief until I get rid of them! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->