Repeated Natural delivery????

miayahsmommy

Pregnant & Mom of 3!
Reaction score
I delivered my daughter vaginally all-natural (no medication) and she weighed 4.8 lbs and was 19 inches long.

Im now pregnant again and really wanna do another natural delivery... but i was wondering if the contractions and pain will be more significant with a larger baby (around 8lbs)?

Im going to go as far as possible (hopefully delivering) without the epidural. But i just wonder about the intensity of it.:shrug:

It is actually said that bigger babies are easier to deliver. My ds2 was 8 lbs (my biggest baby so far) and wasn't any trouble to deliver. I gave birth to him standing up in my living room.

Yes, your birth canal will have to stretch wider, but the most painful part will be the actual opening, the "ring of fire" which is over in a couple of minutes. Everything else will be comparable, if not easier/faster since this is your second time around! Good luck!

You've done it once you can do it again no problem...gravity helps the bigger baby as long as you arent on your back.

Thanks for the stories and suggestions. Im going to try and do a squatting technique while pushing if possible up until Crowning and then get on the table. Im not sure how strict the hospital is with different labor positions...

I had a natural birth with my first, also completely unmedicated. I had my second at home, unmedicated. The second was far, far better than my first, pain wise. I give credit to the fact it was in the comfort of my own home.

My second was nine lbs.

i had a 9lb10oz assisted but drug free delivery with ds1, 10lb 12oz natural delivery with ds2 and a 9lb7oz natural homebirth with ds3,
i think avoiding thinking of it as "pain" and instead as pressure really helped with ds2 and ds3. i cant say the bigger boys were any worse to push out i just needed the help with ds1 after a longer labour than i expected.

Im really starting to prepare for the delivery. Im going to hopefully do it all natural. Going to try the bradley method.
:)

my 2nd baby was a much easier delivery and a quicker, pain relief free labour and he was almost 2lbs heavier than my 1st :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->