Research into TTC within 6 months of MC

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
I thought it was comforting to know that these statistics how less miscarraiges happen within 6 months than later. The study seems quite raw, but it at least gives hope to those of us who are TTC straight away. Part of me feels that maybe my body should have a break but after reading this Im 100% sure that it wont hurt. that backed up with all the doctors at the hospital makes me quite positive, now i just need to get pregnant.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/08August/Pages/conceiving-baby-after-miscarriage.aspx

Thank you for sharing for sure! So..Is it okay to try right again? Like within the next cycle? Or should you wait at least a month?

my doctor told me to try staright away and that i didnt need to wait a cycle. in one way its better if you can wait for 2 reasons, one if you did get pregnant its easier to perdict you dates and 2 because if you period doesnt turn up on time, which it mostly likely wont, you may still get positive pregnancy tests from the last pregnancy so that would be really hard.

i had an ercp though so it may be different from narural or medically managed MC ... good luck ladies

Hmm good point...Although, I'm not sure If my hcg levels will stay. Within two days they dropped from 514 to 238 or something. But thank you. Basically, I think we'll just avoid protection. If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, it doesn't.

thats how we feel, dont think ill test until i have morning sicknes lol! my auntie was telling me today that after her second miscarriage at 20 week they said not to ttc for 6 months, but she didnt listen and fell pregnant the next month, she went on to have my cousion so its def possible.

Yeah for sure. The only thing that I'm scared of is, what if it happens again? I don't know how I would deal with that, and it scares me. I really hope it doesn't!

i know im terrified too. the statistics look good though. for someone who hasnt had a MC or has just had a healthy baby the chances of having a healthy baby are 80 -85% for those who have had 1 MC is is 80% so we should be fine.

I dont know how i would cope if i MC again though. its so deverstating isnt it? i dont know how ill get through the pregnancy withoit worrying myself to dealth. but thats another reason i dont want to test until i get morning sickness, id rather have gone a few weeks before i know for sure.

I agree, i was only 6 weeks gone when i had my mc on 21st december but im terrifed that i wont be able to cope the next time round, those scary first 12 weeks are going to go soooooo slow and if i could cut them short by not testing early then that could only be a good thing. fingers crossed we all get sticky beans soon x x x

Well I'm glad the stats are so good. Its extremely devastating. It barely sunk in that I was pregnant, and now I'm not. Sometimes I'll be okay, but others, I just feel like life sucks. I try and think about the fact that I have an amazing and beautiful boy, but then I remember that I would have had two wonderful children come September. And I just feel like everything that this year was looking up to be, is falling apart.

:hugs::hugs:

Hugs ladies, i know its so hard, our whole plans for 2011 have changed in an instant and im not quite sure how ill get through certain events etc ... we will though and we WILL get our BFPs thsi year xxx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->