Resources for unmedicated strategies?

tea latte

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm planning on giving birth in a hospital (we rent our apartment, it's not really the kind of place I want to remember having a baby... XD) but I'm not super keen on medical interventions. I know my hospital has natural birthing rooms and all that, but I'm scared of...well...the whole process. Do you have any recommendations for books or websites or other resources that'll help me prepare (or maybe even decide) to give birth without pain meds?

Thanks in advance <3

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth

My 1st was epidural and 2nd was zero meds. My best strategy was to stay alone, focus on what I needed to do, and enjoy that hot water! If you can find a hospital with a hot shower, I found it cut the pain in half.

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding from the La Leche League

I know, technically a bf'ing book but it has a wonderful section on natural birth. Just remember that your body is meant to do this and to just trust it. Don't be afraid. You can do this! Research coping methods, postions, maybe hypnobirthing. :)

Oh, a good movie that really reminds me of all the reasons I want a natural birth is The Business of Being Born. It's about the prevalance of medical interventions in America.

Natal Hypnotherapy books and cds by Maggie Howell - the book, effective birth preparation is great even if you decided not to go down the line of hypnotherapy for birth. :) HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->