Restart breast feeding at 4mo???

StellaBella24

Reaction score
The thought of breast feeding always made me feel funny so when pregnant i decided to express and give via the bottle and top up with formula if needed. That way baby would get breast milk without me having to actually breast feed.

I did this for 1 month and my supply dried up as probably wasnt pumping regularly enough. I quickly began to bitterly regret not properly breast feeding but figured it was too late as supply stopped.

I have found out that it is possible to restimulate breast milk to feed baby with.

Is this a good idea??????
LO is almost 4 months old (although was 6 weeks prem). Am i just doing it to satisfy my own guilt? Is it really a good step for baby who i should really be preparing to go onto solids in next couple of months?

Opinions/advice/experience welcome pleeeaasseee

I tried this, but hadn't been quite so long. I tried when she was 4 weeks old and it was so difficult to try and build up a supply. She couldn't latch on (that's why I stopped in the first place), so I was pumping for 30 minutes every 2 hours day and night and obviously feeding LO in between these times. I was absolutely exhausted and couldn't keep it up. I imagine it would be easier if you are breast feeding as well as pumping.

relactating can definitely be done ( barring any health issues) but it'll be hard work, bf works on supply and demand so the more baby feeds the more you make so it'll take a little time to get it all up and running again.
bf is very important to me and I still bf lo now along with her 3 meals and snacks. the antibodies in your milk will be of benefit to lo so i'd say if you feel it's important why not give it a go.
Check this link:
https://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/relactation/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back