Restless leg syndrome.... Any tips on easing it??

katnkayla

Reaction score
Title says it all really... I am seriously contemplating taking a sledgehammer to my own legs the last 3 nights it has been unreal its driving me round the bend all I want to do is go too sleep :nope: any suggestions greatly appreciated

I get terrible RLS with my pregnancies, too. I didn't find anything to really help until my last one. I took Calm, a magnesium supplement, each night and was such a huge help. I don't know if you'll have that particular brand, but I'm sure just any kind of magnesium supplement would help. Ask your doc/midwife about it as far as dosage, etc.

I get this whenever I'm extremely tired. Stretching helps and so does having an O :)

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but last night was the first time in a week I didn't have restless legs. Only difference... I didn't have anywhere near as much caffeine yesterday as normal, and had none at all from lunch.

I take a hot bath really helped for a while... X

Tonic water does help, also making sure I take my iron supplement. I've heard bananas are good because of the potassium but I just can't force one down, gone right off them! RLS is horrible, hope you get it sorted x

I do drink a lot of caffeinated pop, hot baths did work for a while then I started sleeping with my legs raised (my oh thought it was hilarious as I was sleeping in a V head raised for heartburn legs for RLS) and that worked excellent but the last few nights nothing I will try tonic water and ask about magnesium at mw next week, 4 weeks and counting lol I know chicka I had it with dd it's amazing as soon as you give birth it just disappears but I suppose you have restless entire body then haha :)

I have this all the time even when not pregnant and its just horrible but havent found anything that works other than getting up for a bit but thats not ideal as all I wanna do is sleep

My gran gave me a bottle of tonic water the other day. She swears by the stuff as she gets restless legs at night. I haven't actually tried it yet but she assures me it will work.
She says to take 2 big gulps about an hour before you go to bed then when in bed take another couple of gulps.
I should really try this tonight I just keep forgetting the bottle is in the fridge :haha:

Warm bath
Leg massage
Keeping busy.

I hate rls but will all b worth it when my lil man is here. Good luck xxx

Apparently the body shop do some sort of rub or spray that is said to ease it.
Might be worth a go x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"