Restricted movement?

ClaraCluck

Mummy
Reaction score
Hi folks

Our LO is currently in Tots Bots originals size one and I'm looking to get the next size for him. Sometimes I wonder if his movement/sitting etc might be restricted, what do you think? I know most sites say no research to say this is so but wondered what experience others have had

Thanks!

Got to finish OH's tea...but ill be back in a bit with my twopence worth on this :lol:

I have no experience of Tots Bots, but I found that some nappies I tried felt quite restrictive and others are fine. Also, as they get bigger this becomes less of an issue.

Right.

Olivia wears cloth nappies, and has done fulltime since 2 months, before that part time for a few weeks. Anyway, all her little friends have been getting more active and starting to roll etc over the last few weeks, but Olivia has been lay pretty much flat on her back, give or take the odd leg in the air here and there. Late last week Olivia and I got thrush, me on my nipples, her on her bum, so I have been using disposables since friday because I don't want the cream to clog up my fluff and I wanted her to have as much air to her bum as possible.

Anyway, to cut a long storty short, she rolled yesterday wearing a disposable.

I really don't want to say that cloth affects movement etc, but I can't help but think that had something to do with it.

I'll update this when shes back in her fluff, and let you know if she can still do it! I hope it was just a fluke, but I don't know...

xxxx

To add to my post, Freya has been rolling and sitting unaided with no nappy on since 3.5 months. She only started doing it with her cloth nappy on in the last 3/4 weeks. I don't mind though, she has loads of nappy off time, and the positives of using cloth far outweigh the negatives for us.

:)

Right.

Olivia wears cloth nappies, and has done fulltime since 2 months, before that part time for a few weeks. Anyway, all her little friends have been getting more active and starting to roll etc over the last few weeks, but Olivia has been lay pretty much flat on her back, give or take the odd leg in the air here and there. Late last week Olivia and I got thrush, me on my nipples, her on her bum, so I have been using disposables since friday because I don't want the cream to clog up my fluff and I wanted her to have as much air to her bum as possible.

Anyway, to cut a long storty short, she rolled yesterday wearing a disposable.

I really don't want to say that cloth affects movement etc, but I can't help but think that had something to do with it.

I'll update this when shes back in her fluff, and let you know if she can still do it! I hope it was just a fluke, but I don't know...

xxxx

Thanks so much think i might give him some time in disposibles each day and see what happens. Look forward to hearing how you get on x x

To add to my post, Freya has been rolling and sitting unaided with no nappy on since 3.5 months. She only started doing it with her cloth nappy on in the last 3/4 weeks. I don't mind though, she has loads of nappy off time, and the positives of using cloth far outweigh the negatives for us.

:)

Thanks, think I,m going to try some more nappy free time and see how it goes x x

Theres no research to prove that it does delay anything. I think alot of iot is just coincidental. Lots of mums in cloth have LO's who do things early and lots have LOs who take longer. The same goes for sposies!! All LOs develop at different paces and its impossib;e to say one was "late" in developing regardless of cloth or not :)

Hiya all! We have only just started using cloth nappies (naughty baby/pop-in/blueberry) and violet has just learnt how to roll this month!! And crawl and pull herself up to stand! The nappies are bulkier but I personally don't think this has affected her development at all, I think she was just not ready before and we were in disposables anyway!
I do quite like the bulkiness as tends to add some extra padding to her bum when she falls on it!:thumbup:

I was wondering this... as Isaac's little bum looks huges in his - Although partly evil mummy's fault as she uses mostly one size!! Although I find if I have to put a disposible on (like I did the other night) he ends up on his side, and I was worried all night that I got no sleep!!

MASSIVE UPDATE!!!!!

Olivia is back in cloth aaaannnddd...

SHE CAN STILL ROLL!!!! Even in her biggest nappies!

Must have been a coincidence!!! Yayyyy!

MASSIVE UPDATE!!!!!

Olivia is back in cloth aaaannnddd...

SHE CAN STILL ROLL!!!! Even in her biggest nappies!

Must have been a coincidence!!! Yayyyy!

Yay! glad to hear it! I put Lucas in a Bumbo today at Baby Cafe and he looked just as comfortable as his little friend! Also side by side you couldn't tell LO was wearing a cloth, so probsbly not as bulky as I thought.Think some of it may have been clothes getting a bit small for him and a bit tight around the bum! as he seems better in the next size up trousers.

Any suggestions for slim fitting nappies as looking to buy size 2 stash soon? x x x

Woo hoo, fab news, go Olivia :D

Clarachuck - I use ittis and BG mainly during the day and both are super slim :D

I use BG AIO Organics during the day, they are the slimmest I have found. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->