Retained Placenta/Placenta Accreta?

Mummy_Claire

Mummy to Theo
Reaction score
Last pregnancy I had a lot of problems with the third stage of the birth. They tried to manually remove the placenta for 2 hours (more painful then the birth!!) before needing to cut it out under anesthesic.
They described it as a retained placenta- query accreta. They never actually confirmed to me that accreta was the cause of the problem. Luckily I did not need a hysterectomy- does this mean it was not accreta?

Midwives are going to look at my notes but I remember reading them and not trusting them. In the delivery room they were worrying about my blood loss but in the paperwork the blood loss is described as very minimal (400ml/500ml something like that.)

After the birth I asked my community midwife about the risks of this happening again. She said the risk was high but I would be ob led and I would have extra scans ect. I always assumed this would be to prevent this happening again, but at my recent midwife appointment I discovered its unpreventable :cry:.

So I was wondering if any of you have experienced similar? Did you get it again with your next child? Is there any way of checking the placenta in a scan?
I'm going to write in my birth notes that if the placenta doesn't come out easily, I go straight to surgery. No hands fishing around up there this time! I hope that will be possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->