Retroverted uterus?

nuffmac

Reaction score
So when I was younger my doctor said I had a retroverted uterus and my cervix was off to one side. I have read that it can make conception more difficult. I am just wondering if anyone else has this and do they know anymore about it?

I have always had very heavy and painful periods and wonder is this related?

:hugs:

It IS related. I used to get HORRIBLE cramps...had to stay home from school and would be vomiting with heating pads and medicine... it was awful. It took me 8 months to get pregnant with my daughter..not too bad but not as fast as i would have wanted it to happen. I found out when i went to the doctor that i had a retroverted uterus. He said I would carry her just fine and i did. Well fast forward to last month and I am not having painful periods anymore after i had her so i thought maybe it fixed itself????? But my gut told me it hhadn't so after :sex: i laid on my tummy rather than my back and legs in the air. I lost the baby this Tuesday but I conceived VERY FIRST MONTH I TRIED. When I went to the ER for my MC i wasn't going to look at the paperwork but i did. And it said the didnt see anything in my RETROVERTED UTERUS. SO i guess it is still like that.

LONG STORY SHORT LOL..... lay on your tummy after :sex: hope that helps sorry to ramble.

Hello! I had an HSG last year after trying to conceive for a year! doc told me uterus was completely fine and not tilted or anything?!!?!...well I finally ended up prego and now I was told baby is hard to see due to a retroverted uterus and placenta in front! I'm hoping this is okay! Doctor isn't concerned and said it should move or be find in delivery!!! Hope this helps!

Hello ladies, I also have retroverted uterus. Very rarely I get cramps during period. My gynec hasn't shown much concern about it ever. Although I worry at times.

JulianasMommy: I am confused how it would help to lie on tummy after BD because uterus is tilted towards the back :shrug: Please explain. When I got my BFP last year (which unfortunately ended in MMC in Feb), I had lied down on my back with legs in air after BD.

Thanks!

Me too!
My fertility consultant said about one in five women have one and it's just a 'variation on normal'. So they're not taking that into account at all with my problems to conceive. Hope that helps x

I have a retroverted uterus and so does my mum, the doctor said that it is just a variation of the normal. It should not cause any problems with conceiving or being pregnant :flower:

I have a retroverted uterus also and was told that is a variation of normal aswell.. I conceived the first month trying for both of my kids.

Here is an image of retroverted or tilted uterus (dashed drawing)...

https://www.womens-health.co.uk/images/uterus.gif

As we can see, uterus is tilted towards the back/butts so in my imagination lying on back with raised butts (using pillows) and legs in air should be the better position to get spermies inside. I may be wrong but this is what I gather from the images of retroverted uterus. I even tilted my laptop to see what position will work better :dohh:

hiya, I have just had an early scan and the sono said my uterus tilts back slightly. Wasnt worried at all! I concieved in one month! x

I don't think retroverted uterus really makes much difference, because when you think about it from the view that you got pregnant after only 8 months WITH a retroverted uterus. Mine is normal as far as I know, and DH and I have been TTC for nearly 2 1/2 years. So I think it's just down to the individual how long it takes. Sometimes it takes longer, other times not so long :) best of luck in your TTC journey :D

XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->