reusable nappies, Advice needed!! pleeease.

C

carolyn_s

Ok just received reusable nappies in the post and im really confused.

Instructions say; "shake solids into the toilet" well my daughters solids arent solid....what do i do?

i was expecting something in the nappy that came out (with the 'solids') that just went down the toilet but its a big white cloth bit that catches the poop!

im so confused.. i want to do my bit for the the enviroment and save money at the same time but im starting to think that continuing with disposables would be so much easier xxx

If the poo is typical BF poop and it sinks in then dont worry about it, its perfectly ok to rinse it (or not!) and put it in the washing machine.
You can buy disposable liners which you put in the nappy and then take out and flush down the toilet once soiled, I imagine these are what you were thinking of?

yea it was and i think i would prefer them. with the ones i got today do i rinse the poo down the sink? all seems a bit unhygienic to me x

you can rinse the poo wherever you like. Some people use the flush on the toilet to rinse, others use the showerhead into the toilet (which is what I will do) others rinse using the sink or bath and yet others rinse using an outside hosepipe!
Just have a think and find out what will work for you.

we only get bf poop 2-3 times a week so i use the showerhead to hose down into the sink the clean the sink down after. :)

rather the sink than the bath, as i love a really deep bath and i have visions of the poop creeping into my bath water via the overflow. :sick:

HAHA yuk!

ok im feeling more confident - starting reusable nappies 2moro :D here's hoping all goes well - ive had images of being up to my elbows in poop lol...

thanks for the advice guys xx

carolyn did you get some disposable liners? cos when you were gonna order from cheeks and cherries you had them in your order didnt u? but then u got that deal i found on fill your pants.. did you add the disposable liners??

Abby will lurrrvvveeee the smoothness off the nappies! And then bump can use them too! And if you get behind with the washing again chris can do it! :rofl:

Did u do the pre-wash? im washing all my new ones tomorrow and gonna use them on sunday! now i have enough to do a full day!

no i didnt add them on fill your pants!! haha i was getting too confused at the time! lol.

ive washed them all but abby is off to her grannys today (for the night) so i will start with them 2moro :) i will go to boots today and get the liners lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->