Reusable nappies - best for newborns?

amym

Solomon's mummy
Reaction score
Hi - I have been given aload of reusables but they are mostly in larger sizes (size 2?) and so need to get some for the early weeks / months.

Without spending a fortune, which woudl you recommend specifically for newborns? I'm guessing no smaller than 8lbs, given family history...

Thanks for your help, all!

small bumgenius https://www.thenaturalbabyresource.co.uk/cloth-nappies/Bumgenius-All-in-One

or totsbots teenyfits :)

id say a prefold/wrap or 2 part combo is best for newborn poo tbh, and the range of adjustability is alot greater than with pockets or aio's in small sizes, and you can keep using the small prefolds as boosters and on sell the wraps

I tried prefolds and wraps too and the bg's were the ones I got on better with. Infact I love them so much am going to get some mediums next :) Also bg btp ones were good from around 4 weeks with jsut the newborn insert in them and the bg flips too!

But what works for one person wont work for another its trial and error so you will get a few diff responses in answer to your question :)

I tried prefolds and wraps too and the bg's were the ones I got on better with. Infact I love them so much am going to get some mediums next :) Also bg btp ones were good from around 4 weeks with jsut the newborn insert in them and the bg flips too!

But what works for one person wont work for another its trial and error so you will get a few diff responses in answer to your question :)

yes and I have already claimed the small ones you dont want when you buy the mediums:blush::haha:

I'd say go for 50cm bamboo squares at first. I know - square nappies!! But they really aren't difficult once you've done a few, and you don't need to pin - use a nappy nippa instead. They are by far the most efficient system, will fit whatever size your LO is, are very economical and are the easiest to launder and dry. Once your baby's weaned you can use them as inserts in pocket nappies.

My little one is 10 days old and we have found that fitted with wraps work the best, they get the best fit, everything else we have tried tends to give awful leg gape at the moment so we are sticking to fitted & wraps although today we are giving prefolds & wraps a go!

I used a fitted last night for the first time with Caine and stuffed it with a load of muslin cloth and a fleece soaker, he was very dry next morning :)

I am going to be using this method and prefolds for newborn until he is big enough for some small ittis and BTP. :)

you can claim a free tennyfit from Tots Bots right now...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tots-Bots/7841511554

I thought you had to have the baby then claim? Can someone do it for me :( can only access FB on my mob and cant view the link :sulk:

you have to have the baby before oct23 and show proof of birth!

:dohh: no thanks! Hopefully LO will wait a while

you can claim a free tennyfit from Tots Bots right now...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tots-Bots/7841511554

oooooh double thanks for you! will get on it right now!

I hoep so...
us girls are due the same time!! Lets protest! hahah

I cut down some 60cm terries to 50cm, and bought Imse Vimse newborn size wraps. These worked brilliantly for Mog when she was a newborn and she weighed 7lb 4oz. If you do origami fold and roll the legs in, they contain BF poop brilliantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->