• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reusable wipes

Kerrie-x

Reaction score
I'm really keen to trial these before baby #3 comes along in October!

So far i'm heading towards cheeky wipes, are they any good? What other brand do people recommend? And also, how do you personally use them? Wet them as you go along or soak them in water/the lavender solution per batch?

I have always used facecloths/washcloths, as did my mother, grandmother and great grandmother :). I wet them as I need them.

We used (still use) the Osocozy wipes. I think we bought 3 packs before DS was born and they are still mostly going strong to this day (DS is 2.5) -- though a few have start to unravel on the edges. We'll still be using these for #2.

Even though we stopped cloth diapering when DS started daycare at 12 months, we've never stopped using the cloth wipes. On the occasion when all wipes are dirty (i.e DH forgot to start the laundry :haha: ) and I've had a use a disposable wipe, I find them so difficult and ineffective compared to the cloth wipes.

For the first 4 months or so we folded them and moistened them with only water and put them in a wipe warmer. But then the wiper warmer started smelling, so we stopped using it. Ever since then all we've done is have a stack of dry wipes on a shelf by the changing table. Then I grab one, fold it into fourths, and then wet it with plain water (from a little squirt bottle we keep there) and clean his heiny. It takes one for a wet diaper, 2-3 for a soiled diaper. And then i alway uses one more to dry him.

I am new to this but like minties I am not planning on using any special product. Just washcloths and/or cut-out soft cotton squares from old t-shirts.

I plan to wet as we go since we don't have a warmer and having them just sit moist in a tub seems like a recipe for bacteria.
We'll see how it goes though!

We use cheeky wipes and they are fantastic! Eight months in and they're still good!

They tend to get washed every other day with our nappies, so the pack seems to get soaked half at a time. I use the mandarin oil as our lg came out all red with the lavender and just put a couple of drops in along with some coconut oil - they're lovely :)

X

We use muslin wipes. I probably have about 50 or so, which means we can wash every few days.

The brand we bought (Babu) was about $NZ12 for six cloths, but they often threw in a free pack with other stuff we bought so I think we spent about $50-60 all up. They're basically as good as new almost three years on, and we're on our second kid.

They're SO much better than disposable wipes. 1 for a pee, 2 for a standard poo, 3 for a disaster. I always just use water. When I wash them, I throw a capful of Dettol in every few washes.

We prewet them in the lavender mixture at night and keep them in the wipe warmer. The wipe warmer usually holds enough wipes for 1-2 days, depending on whether it's a weekend or daycare day (use disposable wipes at daycare), but we have twins so you could safely double that.

This is the warmer that we use. My wife did a ton of research and found that this is the best one if you're using cloth wipes. https://www.amazon.com/Prince-Lionheart-Warmies-Wipes-Warmer/dp/B001QIN6ME

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->