Reuseable wipes

CocoaOne

Reaction score
Hi girls

M has always had a sore bum - it was more like a rash around her bum in 'sposies, but now we're in cloth it's more like bigger red bumps/spots around her vagina. I'm hoping she's not allergic to my washing powder as we haven't got a tumble drier so have to use Bold so the nappies aren't stiff! It doesn't seem to hurt her & she's changed every 2-3 hours. Sudocreme helps a bit, but I don't want to ruin the nappies

So.... I decided to make some reuseable wipes from some terries and fleece that I've got laying around to see if it helps. What solution do you use? I'd like to make my own but no idea how. Would just water work (she has lovely BF poos about 4 times a day!)

Thanks in advance :hugs:

I make my own with water, baby lotion (so it moisturises his bum) and baby oil so it forms a barrier and we havent had any nappy rash :)

I used to do chamomile tea with a small bit of olive oil, baby wash and tea tree oil. Then I ran out of olive oil so left that out. Then I ran out of tea so now it's just baby wash with water and tea tree oil! :blush: No nappy rash here either.

I use chamomile & lavender

If you need to treat the redness Metanium is good, if you use a fleece liner then you don't need to worry about the nappy!

chamomile tea is really good for rashes, esp when included with a bit of nappy free time. :)

I use plain water most of the time, if it's been a bad poo I will add a dot of organic baby wash. If he gets sore bits, which is rare and only if he's been sitting in a poo, I use Metanium or Bepanthan. I've heard good things about chamomile tea.

Thanks everyone!

I've been using a fleece liner in the hope it would protect the nappies a bit! Lol

I've also used metanium which cleared the rash around her bum up really quickly, but doesn't seem to be helping the spotty moo-hoo. I've got lavendar & tea tree oil so will give both a go and see if they have any effect. Will have to get some tea when I'm shopping.

:flower:

i dont know anything about girl as i have a boy but could it be thrush?

My LO has spotty red bits round the thighs by his winky. So i dont wanna hijack but, do you just brew a pot of chamomile tea (and let it cool obviously) and use that?

I don't think it's thrush DM2, it's not moist or yeasty like I'd expect thrush to be. Gonna keep up with more natural solutions instead of huggies wipes and mention it to HV on Thursday if it still hasn't cleared up x

Have you just started using the wipes? Vincent gets a rash when I use pampers wipes it goes as soon as I use cotton wool

I used to do chamomile tea with a small bit of olive oil, baby wash and tea tree oil. Then I ran out of olive oil so left that out. Then I ran out of tea so now it's just baby wash with water and tea tree oil! :blush: No nappy rash here either.

sorry but i had to laugh at this, good process of elimination :haha:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"