Reverse cycling at 7 months!

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
Hi, posted previously but starting a new thread on this. Before xmas my lo (now 7 months) was hospitalised with a nasty bug which meant a nasal feeding tube and oxygen. She couldn't feed at all from me for 5 days, it was utterly horrendous and soul destroying. We managed to establish feeding again but it's never been the same. She loves her solids so much now she prefers them to BFing she rarely feeds in the day, being too distracted now, so will only feed only before naps, even then only if she is hungry enough. She does however have about 4 big feeds during the night. I am exhausted!

Before all this started she was only up once or twice at the most and sleeping 6+ hour stretches. I believe this means she has reverse cycled? How do in start to change this???

Are you offering the breast a couple times before offering solids? It's easy to get caught up in meal prep and go right to eating, but it's important to take a quiet time out to offer nursing before offering solids.
Where are you currently offering to nurse during the day? Is it somewhere quiet? Relaxing? Darker? Or somewhere surrounded by toys and distractions? Have you tried winding down with a book or some baby massage before offering?
My first son was a bottle refuser at daycare and reverse cycled-- I preferred it, but always had concerns about whether he was nursing enough. When all else failed, I could put him in the carrier and go for a walk and he'd be happy to nurse the whole time.
I'm sorry you and lo are going through this. That must have been really hard on you guys. Good for both of you for holding onto your nursing relationship.
I don't know when she came off the tube, but I was nauseous for weeks after they removed mine and mine wasn't in that long. She might just be capable of eating better when she's in the twilight zone and not focusing on her tummy and will even herself back out if given time.

Hi, I'm always offering her boob and bottle options before food. This morning she fed at 8am(before nap) and nothing since. She was clearly hungry around 12 so I offered boob and bottle options, think she had about an oz from bottle but nothing from me. She was so starving as well so I had to give her lunch plus yoghurt. I now hope she will have something this afternoon.... Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->