Review - Maxi Cosi Elea - Great Buggy!

kb4

Reaction score
We got the Maxi-Cosi Elea when my son was 12 months old so we couldn’t test the newborn functions but looking at the cocoon that comes with it, it certainly looks very snug and substantial for a newborn baby.

Both myself and my son just love the Elea, it is very stylish and smooth to push and 2 main things stand out for me:

- The ease/speed of folding. I also have a 4 year old daughter so am doing daily school runs. Previously, my only options were a lightweight pushchair that wasn’t hugely comfortable for my baby, or a more comfortable travel system but one which the seat had to be taken off the base and therefore was much more fiddly and time consuming when regularly putting it up and down and in and out of the car. The Elea folds so easily in one quick gliding movement and so ticks every box.
- The comfortable seat. This is the first buggy (and we have tried several over the 2 children) that my son will fall asleep in regularly. He also looks very comfortable in the padded seat, that is very well shaped and also has a good footrest. This means that I can go out for the day without worrying that he will become grumpy when he needs a sleep. If put back into the lie flat position (and it is truly lie flat unlike many others) he very quickly nods off!

The basket is very accessible and a good size too, and there are 2 very useful clips to hang your shopping bags off at the top of the handlebar. It also is very easy to push with one hand, another very useful feature if holding the hand of an older child.

My husband loved the fact that the back just popped off the seat and enabled very easy adjustment of the straps. There are 3 individual strap anchor points to adjust the height and so it was a very quick and easy process.

Brakes are very easy to use, blue to go and red to brake. The hood is clever and has a zip in it to double the size and bring it right over for shade. The raincover is also very quick and easy to use, is just on elastic rather than having to rummage about for poppers etc which I have had on other buggies. Also it’s very easy to adjust the wheels from fixed to swivel – just press a button on each side of the seat unit.

A couple of negatives but they are minor – it is fairly heavy to lift into a high boot, it could have a small pocket on the back of the seat for keys etc when you don’t want to carry a bag and it could have more padding on the handlebar – but as I said these are minor issues as all in all I love the buggy and so does my son, which is the main thing as if he is comfy and not moaning we are all happy!!

You know I've seen these on the internet but I cannot for the life of me find one in a shop. They look good but I don't want to buy without seeing it. Did you get it in a shop or buy online?

we're also interested in the elea but also cannot find a stockist where we can demo.

i've heard kiddicare have a large showroom in peterborough but it's along way to go for us.

we're first timers so alittle lost...but it all looks very good.

alittle concerned to hear it's hard to lift into the boot tho...

in summary, we're not sure whether to take the risk and buy the elea without demo-ing.

I was lucky enough to be chosen as a product tester for this product and that is how I had it - we could write anything we wanted though (positive or negative) so my review is totally independent.

They have said that they are working on increasing the distribution of the Elea and that the availability of testing samples in stores will improve in the next couple of months so you should be able to try one more easily soon.

I don't think you will be disappointed though as these are lovely pushchairs.

Good luck, I do know it would be very hard to try a pushchair without seeing it. If you live near Surrey you are very welcome to come and see mine!

Well I emailed maxi cosi on friday to ask about stockists other than kiddicare. I've yet to hear back. I think driving from newcastle to peterbrough is probably a little too extreme just to try it out.

we've just got our Elea today from a small independant shop in Cheltenham where we live. Interestingly they only had 1 left and had reduced it from £400 to £300 because they hadn't really sold them so weren't going to stock any more. Total bargin, i was so excited as this was the pushchair I really wanted but we had decided against due to the cost.:cloud9: SO it might be worth looking around your local independants to see if they have one. We also found that ours (Babyland) was a really good shop. The sales assistants knew what they were talking about, were very happy to let us have a demo and even volunteered to come and help if we couldn't remember how to put it down when getting into the car. :thumbup:

We've got a nice brown one, and both DH and I really impressed with how small it packs down. Though we couldn't get it in our Puma but we're going to have to buy another car anyway. DH said that it was like the Dyson of pushchairs, everything has a proper clip and comes down really well. Now just to wait for another 2 trimesters for bub's to appear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->